• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Have her do a test drive with the Mazda CX5. It honestly has a far superior ride & acceleration over the Toyota, Subaru and Honda - suspension much closer to true luxury vehicle and surprisingly has the same or better safety features as the Subaru like auto braking, side & rear warnings. Short warranty, longevity, and depreciation are concerns.
    Welcome to the Forum!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Have her do a test drive with the Mazda CX5. It honestly has a far superior ride & acceleration over the Toyota, Subaru and Honda - suspension much closer to true luxury vehicle and surprisingly has the same or better safety features as the Subaru like auto braking, side & rear warnings. Short warranty, longevity, and depreciation are concerns.

Be sure to go high speed on the highway. The Mazda's we have had seemed to have a problem with LOTS of road noise at highway speeds.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I’m looking to replace my wife’s 2011 Toyota RAV4 with something new that‘s about the same size. The contenders seem to be the RAV4, Honda CRV, Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-5, Hyundai Santa Fe, etc. I’d be interested in thoughts, opinions and recommendations from anyone who owns one or has seat time in one or more of them.

Here are her priorities:

Reliability
    Rear and side visibility for driver
    Ease of controls - I.e., knobs and buttons, NOT joysticks and touchscreens
    Comfort
    Ride quality
    Acceleration/power (for passing/freeway on-ramps, etc.)

Price isn’t all that important.
    I have a Forester 2.5L- my third Subaru best view in traffic because of seat height, great economy, okay accel but if you get the turbo expect 250-300k miles instead of the 400k both of my previous Subarus gave me. I moved here from Colorado and the EXTREME option on the cv transmission Forester gives you front and rear positrac below 17 mph. Mine has 72,000 is the top of the line touring model for sale $15,000 which is 2-4000 under Kelly blue book

Top Bottom