• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    What system do y'all use? I'm mostly concerned with break ins, not so much about vehicle theft. I don't know anything about car alarms anymore. Mostly wanting to try to protect equipment and gear inside the ProMaster van.

Or, is it even worth fooling with? It seems most people don't even pay attention to a car alarm when it goes off????
    DK Firearms

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What system do y'all use? I'm mostly concerned with break ins, not so much about vehicle theft. I don't know anything about car alarms anymore. Mostly wanting to try to protect equipment and gear inside the ProMaster van.

Or, is it even worth fooling with? It seems most people don't even pay attention to a car alarm when it goes off????
    Couldn't even tell ya nowadays. Back in the day (late 90's) Viper was a pretty big name. Seems they're still doing it.

https://www.viper.com/

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What system do y'all use?

Whatever is on the vehicle when I bought it.

I'm mostly concerned with break ins, not so much about vehicle theft.

One of the best ways to prevent a break in is to lock your doors. Park inside a garage.

Also, do some research on how easy it is to break into your particular model and see what’s available to counter that.

My truck is easily broken in to so, I put jimmy jammers on all four doors and a console vault for any valuable.

Mostly wanting to try to protect equipment and gear inside the ProMaster van.

Aside from the obvious of don’t leave valuables in the vehicle, secure what’s inside the vehicle to the vehicle.

The last part is check your insurance policy to see how break-ins/theft of property is handled in the off chance your stuff gets stolen. Nothing sucks worse than having your stuff stolen and not being made whole on it.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    OK, so your vehicle is parked and you're well away from it.

Alarm starts blaring.

As a good citizen am 'I' expected to do something?

How am I supposed to know if it's a break in or the owner locked his keys inside the vehicle or dropped them or and is now trying to get in his own vehicle...?

I sure as hell ain't going to question the guy who set off the alarm.

I'm not L.E. and can't be certain if what I see is a crime or guy trying to get in his own vehicle.

Alarms have very limited use, but maybe useful if in your driveway/garage - out and about, nah...

My .02 cents.......

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    You could always get one of those gimmick talking car alarms that say "Back away from the vehicle" loudly. Those always made me laugh but are abnormal enough to draw attention.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I had that happen to me one time and I was so startled I accidentally smacked the side of the vehicle which in turn started a blaring alarm - all I could was laugh.

Back away from my...no you back away, no you, no you......

Top Bottom