• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Texas Instruments is hiring entry level fab technicians, facilities technicians and data center operators to train in their many fabs and facilities throughout the Metroplex. The jobs pay well and have good benefits and T.I. is very ex-military friendly. you can apply here:

technician/operator | Texas Instruments » Careers

TSP is a contractor that supplies some of T.I.'s facility technicians and operators, it wouldn't hurt to send them your resume. Check them out at:

https://mytsp.mua.hrdepartment.com/...ch/viewAll/jobSearchPaginationExternal_page:1

Good luck!

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    One other item from your original post: Most employers no longer reply to every resume sent in. The effectively can't as so many people shotgun out (literally 20-100) resumes per day. We had a job open for an admin and received over 300 resumes.

The other question for you is , as Old Cowboy also asked, what do YOU want to do, either specifically or area wise? Once you decide on that, the search gets easier.

Good luck!

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    For a US Government job try USA-Jobs. You get a 5 point preference over non-military that apply for the same job.
    If you want to go the LEO route, there are tons of opportunities. Most places, including TxDPS, will take military service in lieu of college.
    If you had a clearance, try the Clearance Jobs website.

And from the oil field link in the post above mine...
    http://www.hpinc.com/careers/job-postings/drilling-field-operations
    Safety Medic is listed at the bottom of the jobs.
    Not for nothing but they'd probably hire you on the spot with you being a combat medic and all.

Last edited:

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Just keep your head up, when I got out in April 2012 it took me around 3 months to find a job but not for lack of trying. I literally put an application in at every retail store, liquor store, gas station, etc in a 50 mile radius. Finally got hired on at Bass Pro working the Hunting section/gun counter (they were the first to call me for an interview). No longer there but because we moved, go create a profile on www.showyourstripes.org, it's like monster.com but for vets specifically. Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    That's a shame. I have been in a position to recruit and hire for many years, and I give preference to former military. Most of my colleagues do, as well.

Speaking from experience that's accurate. Unless you're going into security, LEO, or another stereotypical former military career field most employers really don't give a flip.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    If you're interested in EMS, Austin will hire certs as low as EMT-B and my buddy runs a private called Medixx that will be more than accommodating to vets as it's vet owned and operated. PM me if you're interested. I'm a paramedic for Austin.

Edit: Saw Leander is hiring animal control personnel as well. Jobs are there, just be aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    "IT, what in the hell do you know about IT? You Army guys just ride around on tanks and campout all the time!" Major Corp recruiter 1999 to me in my first interview.

Was Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below before your time? Probably could have thrown that into his smug face and explained how it ran on Solaris Unix and pulled data in real time across the network from satellites to keep track of friendlies and hostiles to coordinate strategy for an entire brigade with clients installed in HMMWVs, tanks and other AFVs. When his corporation's network fucks up the employees take a 15 minute coffee break, when military C3 systems **** up friendly forces get hit with an A-10 strike and people die. That closeminded dweeb probably did you a favor in the long run, would you really want to work for a myopic company like that? Hell I wasn't even in the service and know the modern military is loaded with networked digital devices of all types, what a buffoon.

The company I'm with is looking to hire lots of people if OP is good with sales or software deployment, maybe send a PM. Another good idea if OP hasn't already done so, is set up an account with the Texas Workforce Commission (http://www.twc.state.tx.us/) and bomb the hell out of every job ad with resumes. Having a degree would also definitely help in this day and age, and if Uncle Sam is paying for it, why not?

There are certain extremely well paying fields (esp computer/info/cyber security) where having a military background, doesn't even matter which MOS, and being able to get a security clearance quickly is a major plus. But like I said earlier you'd need an appropriate degree.

Last edited:

CombatM3D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    Fort Worth
    Good news is that I got hired somewhere. I don't start for a few weeks. I also got a call from a police department out here, and I got approved to continue through the application process.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Good news is that I got hired somewhere. I don't start for a few weeks. I also got a call from a police department out here, and I got approved to continue through the application process.

Yo dude - sorry I missed this thread before. The company I work for is hiring people out the ass. Best guy I ever hired was a marine. If your deal does't pan out, send me a PM.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Way to go! Hopefully you'll still have time for the odd Ft. Worth lunch meet-up now and then.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom