• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I didn't take that as a knock. Heck I would take a 750 over a lee progressive any day. No one has donated one for me yet.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Ordered the reloader in June and it arrived on Monday. This is a huge upgrade from a Lee Turret Press and I am amazed at the time I save. Sat down and cranked out 1200 rounds in a single sitting yesterday evening.
    So, is your Lee system on the market? I'm looking too get back into reloading. Going broke from panic prices. Its been many years since I sold my RCBS outfit. I'll have to re-learn so slow would be good. Apologies if Ii'm breaking forum rules with this post. I'm good, right?

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    So, is your Lee system on the market? I'm looking too get back into reloading. Going broke from panic prices. Its been many years since I sold my RCBS outfit. I'll have to re-learn so slow would be good. Apologies if Ii'm breaking forum rules with this post. I'm good, right?
    Not sure how much help that would be. Reloading components are rare as hen’s teeth now, and when you do find them, they’re panic buy priced too.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I'm looking at four calibers.
    Not sure how much help that would be. Reloading components are rare as hen’s teeth now, and when you do find them, they’re panic buy priced too.
    Primers, brass, bullets and powder must be 50% of the cost of assembled cartridges. Correct? Can't a fmj 45acp round be reloaded for $.18/ea? Assuming one can locate the consumables.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I'm looking at four calibers.

Primers, brass, bullets and powder must be 50% of the cost of assembled cartridges. Correct? Can't a fmj 45acp round be reloaded for $.18/ea? Assuming one can locate the consumables.
    Since you used to reload, you should check your old sources for components to check their inventory levels and pricing. Primers are selling on gun broker for $100 per thousand, not just listed at that price, but actually selling. Midway actually has Hornady XTP projectiles in 45 acp but only 185 grain for $26.97 per 100. So now we’re at $0.37 per round, without powder, shipping, or Hazmat fees. And that’s assuming you already have the brass.

But hey, this is just my quick searching and math, I’m sure you’ll have much better luck finding reloading components at bargain pricing than all the other thousands of people scouring the internet right now.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Since you used to reload, you should check your old sources for components to check their inventory levels and pricing. Primers are selling on gun broker for $100 per thousand, not just listed at that price, but actually selling. Midway actually has Hornady XTP projectiles in 45 acp but only 185 grain for $26.97 per 100. So now we’re at $0.37 per round, without powder, shipping, or Hazmat fees. And that’s assuming you already have the brass.

But hey, this is just my quick searching and math, I’m sure you’ll have much better luck finding reloading components at bargain pricing than all the other thousands of people scouring the internet right now.
    Holy crap...That is much higher than I had expected. My previous sources was Carter's Country in Houston. That was a loooong time ago. Hell, I used to go and pick up anything and everything I needed. Well my plan just went to crap, I think...

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Holy crap...That is much higher than I had expected. My previous sources was Carter's Country in Houston. That was a loooong time ago. Hell, I used to go and pick up anything and everything I needed. Well my plan just went to crap, I think...
    You may be able to find a small forgotten gun store with components in stock and build up, but don’t expect miracles.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    If you can get primers and go with lead bullets you can probably get under $0.25 a round. Depends upon the powder.

I have managed to find Large Pistol Primers at Academy a couple of weeks ago. I've seen them in stock in a few different stores.

Dermako

Insensitivity Trained
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    i Have the the same press so don’t take this wrong, just something that has helped me.
    Inline Fabrication sells a lot of goodies for this and other loading presses as well.
    A couple items come to mind.
    They sell an LED lighting kit ($40ish) for the 750 that is worth every penny.
    Adjustment knob for the powder adjustment bolt on the powder measure. So you don’t have to use a wrench every time you make an adjustment ($5ish).
    Locator pin tabs are pretty nice to have as well.
    Hope this helps

Top Bottom