• ...and so much more!
  • Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    I want to make an offer on two unseen 12 ga. shotguns that are supposed to be in excellent condition: a Remington 1100 and an ATI over/under. The owner passed away recently, and I am buying to help the family out. I don't want to take advantage of them by low balling, but I don't want to spend more money than I need to on guns I don't really need. Any ideas?
    Venture Surplus ad

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I want to make an offer on two unseen 12 ga. shotguns that are supposed to be in excellent condition: a Remington 1100 and an ATI over/under. The owner passed away recently, and I am buying to help the family out. I don't want to take advantage of them by low balling, but I don't want to spend more money than I need to on guns I don't really need. Any ideas?

With the 1100, you won’t know the condition of the o-ring until you hit the range unless you can test fire it before hand. Do you know the family? One persons evaluation of an object is likely the be different than another’s. I am not devaluing their firearms or demeaning their integrity, just being sure a level of consideration is made to temper the offer. I know nothing about the ATI.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    The guy had around 80 firearms, and a friend of mine has already bought around 20 of them. He is the one who said that they are in excellent condition.

Just looking for a reasonable idea. I don't trust Gunbroker, especailly with the "Covid prices".

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    The guy had around 80 firearms, and a friend of mine has already bought around 20 of them. He is the one who said that they are in excellent condition.

Just looking for a reasonable idea. I don't trust Gunbroker, especailly with the "Covid prices".
    That O ring is a two dollar item. I keep half a dozen in a bag with the shot gun case all the time.

1100 is a quality gun unless it is beat up.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "1100 is a quality gun"

Your experiences must have varied greatly from mine. I used to hunt Central America with friends who all carried 1100's. Each hunter had two. I just carried my one 870 20GA Special Field. Their 1100's ALWAYS BROKE. My 870 SF NEVER broke ! I have seen times when only 6 or 7 of 20 1100's worked after a few days of heavy dove shooting.

leVieux

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've been around folks shooting those 1100s and can vouch that that O-ring is a real pain. Buy a bunch and keep them with you. An 870 will fire as long as you keep feeding ammo to it, but 1100s require frequent cleaning and changing that ring. Having said that, it's still a really good shotgun and very desirable in the used gun market. Probably $600 or so would be a good offer. Some of the fancier ones go for double that. The ATI is a Turkish import and it looks like they go for around $650 new and it's not hard to find them around $450 used. If you ever decide to sell it, it doesn't have a strong market, so I think I'd go low on it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    1100s just need a drop or 2 of oil on the O ring to run fine. And replacement O rings are about 25 cents if it breaks (usually from completely ignoring the need to add a drop of oil for a very long time)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    A good 870 shot gun
    You can find a good pump shot gun at Texas Gun show for $200 to $300 you got to look hard and do not be afraid to offer less the asking price
    Louski

Thanks for replying.

I already had an 870. This was something else. Ended up at $600.

Top Bottom