• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you're retired it shouldn't matter what time you wake, unless you have an appointment. I wake around around 6:30am during the week. Sleeping in on the weekend to me is around 8am. During the summer it's relative to when I decide to go to bed, but then I'm in slacker mode, so I just don't give a sh*t.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I had to walk I-beams 4 inches wide over 60 feet up with a belt harness. We knew if we fell that we may only have minutes to be rescued. I never had a problem looking down, looking up was worse for me, but I never fell.

My middle brother was a high rise welder... walking like you said, many stories above.

I didn't have a problem looking up or down when tower climbing. But when I got older, a quick look up would send me into vertigo, and then I really had to hold on if I wasn't already strapped in.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My middle brother was a high rise welder... walking like you said, many stories above.

I didn't have a problem looking up or down when tower climbing. But when I got older, a quick look up would send me into vertigo, and then I really had to hold on if I wasn't already strapped in.
    Clouds moving overhead would give me a sensation of falling if I was standing at high elevations, but didn't bother me as much sitting.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Knees. Loved to run long distance.
    “Nobody told me” my genes were not nice to knees of runners.
    oh well.
    I was superman when I was young. The older welders would tell me I needed to protect my knees, and my response would be, "Pffft! I can work on my knees all day". Now I'm the old welder telling the young bucks, "You had better protect your knees."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was superman when I was young. The older welders would tell me I needed to protect my knees, and my response would be, "Pffft! I can work on my knees all day". Now I'm the old welder telling the young bucks, "You had better protect your knees."
    I probably should have wrapped myself with bubble-wrap to protect all my body parts!

There just isn't anything that doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning now.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That's why I sold all my bikes in 2005.
    After the last wreck, and shattering my ankle.
    I sold and traded off all my dirt bikes in about 2000. That stupid gene I have when I get on a dirt bike or ATV and old age don't go together.

The last crash I had on dirt bike, I fractured my hip, four ribs and a vertebrae in my neck. Took me a few months to heal up from that one. Painful too.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I sold and traded off all my dirt bikes in about 2000. That stupid gene I have when I get on a dirt bike or ATV and old age don't go together.

The last crash I had on dirt bike, I fractured my hip, four ribs and a vertebrae in my neck. Took me a few months to heal up from that one. Painful too.

I rode a Yamaha RD350 to work in 1976, it put me on the ground due to mechanical.

Rode this Honda Shadow 700 to work in 2009 or so. Same story. I gave up. I'm not the kind of guy that should have a cycle... to much bike maintenance required.

1638730619843.jpeg

Top Bottom