• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    As a rule, Saltgrass gets better cuts of meat. Better than Texas Roadhouse.

There are grades of meat. Once went to a 5 star steakhouse and spoke with a manager. He came to our table due to my hose being wa weekly customer.

I asked about another steakhouse. He told us they owned it. And they sent the meat they didn’t seem suitable for their restaurant. “It’s good, but it’s not 5 Star good. But it’s fine for that establishment.”

Guy gave us a real education on steaks that night.

Every time I’ve eaten at that place it’s easy to see why they are 5 star.
    i have found out over the years i can still get and cook a bettersteak than most steak houses for way cheaper!
    Venture Surplus ad

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a rule, Saltgrass gets better cuts of meat. Better than Texas Roadhouse.

There are grades of meat. Once went to a 5 star steakhouse and spoke with a manager. He came to our table due to my hose being wa weekly customer.

I asked about another steakhouse. He told us they owned it. And they sent the meat they didn’t seem suitable for their restaurant. “It’s good, but it’s not 5 Star good. But it’s fine for that establishment.”

Guy gave us a real education on steaks that night.

Every time I’ve eaten at that place it’s easy to see why they are 5 star.
    <>

Fertitta owns numerous othere, including the ritzy ’’San Luis Steakhouse » atop the San Luis Resort.

It is excellent, but expect to pay b/t $250 & $350 for 2 ‘’specials’’.

Sadly the once great legendary ‘’The Torch Steakhouse’’ In Corpus Christi is no more. Ruth’s, Morton’s, Del Frisco’s, etc. all have probems. My recent Texas favorite is the ‘’Little Rhein Steakhouse’’ just across Rio San Antonio from the Hilton Palacio del Rio, a few blocks South of the Alamo.

<>

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    If you make it to Dallas, try 3 Forks and Perry’s.

Those and Dee Lincoln’s The Star in Frisco are the best steaks in Dallas. And it’s not close. All three have a fantastic wine selection too. All have different owners.

If you go to The Star, be sure to get the fried rice for an appetizer.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    becuase some companies built their business model on delivery sstraight to the customer!
    I think you might want to listen on this one here. leVieux I suspect is referring to the Culatela Hams made only with Puerco Iberico pork. Hell even he might knot know that the finest hams are actually graded too.

The cure process is effected by temp & humidity too. Wonder why Gretard ain't bitching about this aspect of global warming?

Culatelo are the pinnacle of process pork production. The fairy pig AKA black footed pigs dine on special diet. True Clatelo have the skin attached to the foot showing it's pedigree. I personally thing it has more to do with the condition they are cured under

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Naples Texas, ham big pigs.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think you might want to listen on this one here. leVieux I suspect is referring to the Culatela Hams made only with Puerco Iberico pork. Hell even he might knot know that the finest hams are actually graded too.

The cure process is effected by temp & humidity too. Wonder why Gretard ain't bitching about this aspect of global warming?

Culatelo are the pinnacle of process pork production. The fairy pig AKA black footed pigs dine on special diet. True Clatelo have the skin attached to the foot showing it's pedigree. I personally thing it has more to do with the condition they are cured under
    <>
    Thanks for the detailed explanation.

My experience has been limited to the ubiquitous « Jamon Iberico » served with every hotel breakfast in western Europe.

Of course, i never developed a taste for prosciutto or Smithfied dry-aged hams, either.

Some of the best steaks in my memory were cooked on mesquite coals after dry-aging in refrigerated deer lockers on the same ranch where the cattle were born.

leVieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom