• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Do y'all have sanctioned meets? If so, safety dude should be onsite and only minimally as a participant dependent on the quantity and quality of pilots.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nope. We just go out and fly.

If I ever get burdened with real responsibility I’m going to demand that they come through with the safety sash and whistle I requested.

I am supposed to look over new planes and such before they fly, but most of these guys have far more experience than me. And the club president refuses to listen to anyone anyways so we just mention things he might want to check and watch him fight the plane or crash. Usually laugh about it after he leaves.

Small group really, and not a lot of visitors. Hopefully we can start growing some this year and I will gladly step up to help out newcomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Nope. We just go out and fly.

If I ever get burdened with real responsibility I’m going to demand that they come through with the safety sash and whistle I requested.
    Can't blame you, that shit 'll give ya athoratay!

I am supposed to look over new planes and such before they fly, but most of these guys have far more experience than me. And the club president refuses to listen to anyone anyways so we just mention things he might want to check and watch him fight the plane or crash. Usually laugh about it after he leaves.

Small group really, and not a lot of visitors. Hopefully we can start growing some this year and I will gladly step up to help out newcomers.
    What club? I've just tossed the monthly magazine for a while now but I coulda swore when I paid attention I noticed meets at a field sorta near you.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Can't blame you, that shit 'll give ya athoratay!

What club? I've just tossed the monthly magazine for a while now but I coulda swore when I paid attention I noticed meets at a field sorta near you.

I’m a member of Whitney Area Miniature Aircraft Club (WAMAC). There is HOTMAC in Waco which is a really nice field that hosts a lot of big events, including turbines and large scale. And TMAF in Valley Mills hosts a couple of small events.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You didn't say, is it still in one piece? How'd it fly for you?

Heh, when my wife asked me that I told her “I brought it home in 3 pieces”. She got real upset and asked what happened and hit me when I told her I had to take it apart to get it in the truck.

It went really well. The plane is super easy to fly. Doesn’t feel like it’s 11.5lbs with a huge wing loading. Flies more scale, doesn’t do the extremely fast roll rates that you see in a lot of other RC warbirds.

I had my timer set for 4.5 minutes and started setting up to land after 3.5. Didn’t want to push the battery on the maiden but came down at 3.8V so probably could get 4.5 minutes plus a minute for landing with the 5000mah 6S. Probably going to pick up a 6000 for it and keep the 5000 for the Phantom.

Love the plane though, everything except having to remove the wings for transport.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    You're right, no way you could do better than LG. Give her a hug for me . . and my condolences seeing as how she's married to you.

As I've said, the Tigercats I've seen fly were quite nice but no one discussed roll rate, that could just be you.

HOTMAC is what I was thinking of.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I wasn’t slamming the sticks or anything. I did see one review where the guy said he did a rudder/aileron mix to speed up the roll rate.

It’s not sluggish, to me it feels right. I can make my 1.2 P-47 roll way faster than it ever could in real life, this one just doesn’t seem to give the plane supernatural abilities. Really good, IMO.

And yes, I got pretty lucky. No idea why she tolerates my shit.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Got my flight vid uploaded. You’ll have to turn down the volume if you don’t want to hear my beautiful voice yelling at the people behind me.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Anyone keeping up with the GoPro type gear? I plan to ride the BMW in the Ozarks soon and would like to take vids, need something super awesome yet dirt cheap. Lol

Looking for:
    - 1080p should be high enough
    - Hour+ record time
    - easy swap & cheap batteries if 1 won't last @ 2hrs
    - easy swap mem card slot
    - easy on/off (maybe with gloves on?)
    - Helmet/windshield/saddlebag (smooth surfaces) highly versatile yet secure mounting system

That's about 25 bux, right? :evil:

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    You can probably find a GoPro Hero 4 for around $50-$75 on eBay. They have a water proof housing and can run a second battery on back for more run time if I recall. The housing is rated to about 130’. You can control it with your smart phone too.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Taken at Bomberfield in 2014 big enough to put a small child in it
    0607141342.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I think I've flown once since getting the bike in 2020 but I'm seriously considering the Night Radian. I miss a cool night (forthcoming), a tall beverage, and the lit glider cruising through a background of stars. Does anyone have a NR?

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Long ago, far away I owned Custom Cutters. Kitted a lot of giant scale kits. Lesson I learned, don't turn your hobby into a business, won't be a hobby anymore. Haven't flown in probably 30 years, I think about it at times but just don't see myself getting back into it. It's good to see people are still having a good time doing it!

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I’ve had several planes over the years, just never really flew them so I never “learned to fly”. An electric glider like the radian looks to be a good start as I have an acre to work with.

Not sure what radios to look at these days as they are a long way from the old channelized radios with the colored ribbons to denote frequency in use.

Maybe some day.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom