• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    What ranges would compel more people to come out to the monthly tgt/tgo meets? This month we had more meetup . com people then members from either forum.

So far we have gone to
    American Shooting center 3 times
    Gun Emporium once (I missed this meet so no idea about the range)

I dont know the area too well being a new transplant. Trying to get some more interest and people to the meets.
    Lynx Defense

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I go to Carter's pretty much every Friday, Saturday & sometimes Sunday as well (I did all three this past weekend).....I just don't know if it would make a good place for a large get together or not?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I go to Carter's pretty much every Friday, Saturday & sometimes Sunday as well (I did all three this past weekend).....I just don't know if it would make a good place for a large get together or not?
    Everytime I pass it, I think about checking it out just hav'nt yet. I'll ask D about it.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I like to go shoot out at the IMPACT ZONE www.theimpactzonerange.com / It is a private range in which membership is required, I wonder if something can be setup with the owner "Phil"

I will ask him and let yall know.

The range is off of 359 near Monaville.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I like to go shoot out at the IMPACT ZONE www.theimpactzonerange.com / It is a private range in which membership is required, I wonder if something can be setup with the owner "Phil"

I will ask him and let yall know.

The range is off of 359 near Monaville.

Always wanted to check it out, but the membership deal seems to be a turn off for public meets.

Rudinater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Seabrook
    The problem is most of the nicer ranges are all private that require memberships. While they all allow guests, in most cases it only one or two at a time.

I shoot at PSC but you have to be a member, and have the gate code, and I'm limited to two guest at a time.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I had family in town for the 1 gun emporium meet. So I have no clue how it went. The pistol range at ASC kind of sucks

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey Fellas, There's an indoor range in Friendswood that we might be able to use.

I'm having a shooting league starting this Sun. @ 5:00, and I'll ask. Feel free to e-mail by Sat. PM, if y'all wanna come shoot glockfanATcomcastDotnet. I posted a thread in the training section, but we'll run a few drills and a few scenarios a little like IDPA.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Hey Fellas, There's an indoor range in Friendswood that we might be able to use.

I'm having a shooting league starting this Sun. @ 5:00, and I'll ask. Feel free to e-mail by Sat. PM, if y'all wanna come shoot glockfanATcomcastDotnet. I posted a thread in the training section, but we'll run a few drills and a few scenarios a little like IDPA.
    How many people can this place accomodate? Sounds interesting but indoor ranges tend to be small and or extremely crowded on the weekends.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i usually shoot at dietz.
    who am i kidding? i only shoot at dietz. mainly becaue it is close to me, and i always hitch a ride with a buddy.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'll ask. I'm limiting the Sun. event to 20 people.

How long does the meeting last? Maybe limit the monthly meet with invitation only or shoot in relay squads? So relay 1 shoots and relay 2 chats.

How long do people shoot?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Normally 2-3 hours, or as wolfwood said till we run outta ammo. And the numbers vary ,meets are posted on a few different site, facebook and meetup.

Top Bottom