• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    What’s y’all’s thoughts? I’m itching for some trigger time. I’m considering it but at the same time, I’m not. Haha
    Gun Zone Deals

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Sure, why not? Take a container of disinfecting wipes with you, wipe everything down before and after shooting, guns, hands, door knobs, counter tops, etc. And, don't get too close to anyone else. I've already been 3 times since this all started, the first time, I was the only one there.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Thinking I need a range day at my club but with the stay at home orders written the way they are, I could see potentially getting jammed up if I were to get pulled over because it's a good one hour drive for me away from home.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Great day for the range. Perfect weather. More than I can say for my shooting. You can really tell when you don't get your practice in for a month or so.

Great time.

{Except for the two guys who spent the whole time trying to figure out why a tupperware gun was continually jamming.}

peakshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2020
    Burnet, Tx
    RPR Range is open. We have a card reader that requires no contact. Customers sign with their finger on the screen, which we disinfect between uses. We wear surgical gloves when we handle money. We spray our bench rests and our bathrooms with disinfectant throughout the day and after each use. We maintain more than the recommended safe distance.

It turns out that an outdoor range is a great place to be for recreation during a time of social distancing. We also have hiking, biking, kayaking, and camping on the ranch so we're well situated for recreation during COVID. Last weekend we had a family of five come out on Friday and stay until Sunday. They didn't have any close interaction with anyone else. They biked, shot, camped, and had a good time.

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    F*** the virus. Yeah, we can be careful to help slow the spread and keep from overwhelming medical help, but honestly, you could get run over by a truck tomorrow. At some point, you need to live your life. I've gone to the range every weekend during this. Pretty much empty (except for that one week where every lib with a garage full of toilet paper decided they might need a pistol and 37 cases of ammo.) Wiping down everything? Seriously? Worried about getting pulled over? What cop is going to risk exposure to give you a warning?

"Who by worry can add one moment to his life?" Matthew 6:27 (Also in Luke 12:25. Note that some Bible versions have slightly different wording.)

Top Bottom