Join TexasGunTalk

Ranges allowing multiple shots and movement

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by ManInBlack, Nov 12, 2019.

1. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    SA, Texas
    Thank you. Don't know what took me so long to get here, but glad to be here now.

ZX9RCAM and Southpaw like this.
  2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Just asking for clarification. I have instructed for and at ranges and am certified by the state as a TCOLE instructor, DPS Private Security instructor, and License to Carry instructor. Also an NRA RSO.

You will most likely be asked for your qualifications to instruct, if you are insured, for your lesson and safety plans. Having a third party teaching, especially those items you to have others do, creates certain liability for range owners, and you will probably face resistance if not flat out denials.

Hopefully if you prepare for the objections you will have better luck.

ManInBlack and V-Tach like this.
  3. Dancing Heretik

Dancing Heretik Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    I've heard that people have classes like you're talking about at Kitty Hawk Airfield. But, I don't know anything about how you would contact them to find out more.

ManInBlack likes this.
  4. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    SA, Texas
    Thank you for the input. I am just starting in the instruction gig, but am certified through USCCA, working on formal range master certification, former US Army Special Forces (Yes I have documentation), and former LEO. I also have a lesson plan. I am, however, still looking at the insurance component. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate any input.

Thanks again

5. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    SA, Texas
    Thank you. I will do some sleuthing.

6. studenygreg

studenygreg Active Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I agree. Cedar Ridge would be a good choice. It's not far outside of SATX. It's my usual hangout spot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ManInBlack likes this.
  7. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    SA, Texas
    I have looked at it online. It does look like a viable option. Thank you for the input.

8. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Nov 11, 2019
    SA, Texas
    I think you must be referring to San Antonio Firearms Training, https://www.sanantoniofirearmstraining.com/the-range/ . Correct? It is right across the road from Kitty hawk airfield.

Southpaw likes this.
  9. Longhorn1986

Longhorn1986 Active Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    ManInBlack likes this.
  10. Dancing Heretik

Dancing Heretik Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Probably so. I just know they were in the store a few weeks ago talking about going out to Kitty Hawk Airfield and described the kind of range that it was.

I miss all the good stuff because I just catch things as I pass through on the way to my computer in the back room.

ManInBlack likes this.