• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Finally made it to the range to sight in my new back up sight for the AR-10. Plugs as well as I can see at 100 yards now. Kept the last 20 rounds on the target so that's as good as these 55 year old eyes are gonna get. The big Burris Signature 8-32x44 is a truly great optic. At 100 yards with OLD Greek military surplus ammo, the bullets were clover leafing, jagged holing, and generally going right where they were pointed. Really super impressed with the DPMS. It's been a while since I've rung it out. Felt good and shot better than I remembered. That thing is a beast. So the question is:

How do I know if the ammo is corrosive or not? I've had this stuff for twenty years and figured I'd dig into it today and leave the "good" stuff alone. I'm cleaning the rifle this weekend anyway - but I've often wondered. The difference is in the primer - right? Thoughts are appreciated. What should I look for to determine corrosivity?

So I rocked only 100 rounds - x4 full 25 round PMags. Most fun I've had with my clothes on in a real long time. Damn I miss going to the range and blowing 500 rounds...

IMG_4748.JPG IMG_4749.JPG
    Hurley's Gold

Top Bottom