• ...and so much more!
  • jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Great video and good shooting.

What camera and how did you do the recording thru your scope? I can imagine and I would probably be wrong.

Thanks for posting.
    Brad

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    Funny seeing some of the .22 rds. bounce off the wood.......

?? they were punching holes through 5/8ths ply ??

Great video and good shooting.

What camera and how did you do the recording thru your scope? I can imagine and I would probably be wrong.

Thanks for posting.
    Brad

it was a little "flip video" digital cam. kinda hard to hold the rifle, hold the cam, get a sight picture in a 1 1/2 inch digital screen and then reach around to pull the trigger! LOL but lots of fun. next time i will mount the cam somehow and concentrate on shooting!
    thanks for all the props guys!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I remember something like 50 inches of drop at 300 yards.

Helped walk a guy in to hitting a man sized target at 450yards and he was pointing at the tree line above the target what seemed like 6 feet.

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    the ammo was federal "automatch" target Federal Auto Match .22 LR Ammunition, Rifle Ammunition, Ammunition, Shooting : Cabela's
    i got mine from walmart, its bulk but not "really" cheap. i have tested lots of expensive stuff and this is what my gun likes "bang for your buck" wise.

the adjustments are crude, i never really counted the clicks but from a zeored 100 yrd i spin my elevation 90% to a referance mark i made to 200 and then from there i spin the knob 100% or 360 degrees to be 5 inches low at 300 yards (ran out of adjustment) the cheapo' simons "ATV" scope said its 1/4 clicks at 100yrds and my guess is there are 60 clicks but i dont trust that for calculating the movement.

this stuff is 1200 fps muzzle vol. but its hard to find a ballistics table for this ammo so i downloaded an app and guessed the ballistic coefficient based on the table on the box. and the drop from 100 to 300 yrds is about 100 inches!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    At 250 yards using subsonic match ammo (1050 FPS) I'm running out of adjustment and using about 3' of hold-over. There's alot of drop, and some windage. That extra 50 yards is alot to a .22 bullet.

I want to try 500 yards with my 10/22 on a man sized target. My Nightforce has more adjustment than most scopes, and a 20 MOA rail would help also.

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    At 250 yards using subsonic match ammo (1050 FPS) I'm running out of adjustment and using about 3' of hold-over. There's alot of drop, and some windage. That extra 50 yards is alot to a .22 bullet.

I want to try 500 yards with my 10/22 on a man sized target. My Nightforce has more adjustment than most scopes, and a 20 MOA rail would help also.

i thought this would be cool. (cant quite validate the cost though) : Home

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That's pretty cool!

110 MOA ... damn, might even be able to do 750 yards (talk about a hell of a wind-call!)

Wind, 1 mph from the left, full value. Damn, that's like 60 MOA...

Fire, go get a cup of coffee... have a snack... come back to the line and see if the bullet has hit yet...

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    i never got it on video but i could get about 4-5 rounds off before the first one hit the steel at 300 yards. its like...... pow, pow, pow,pow,pow..... ding!,ding!,ding!,ding!,ding! about 1 second delay.
    out to 750 yrd would be something like a 3 sec delay and a 100 foot vertical correction!!(as per strelok ballistic calculator on android)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    i never got it on video but i could get about 4-5 rounds off before the first one hit the steel at 300 yards. its like...... pow, pow, pow,pow,pow..... ding!,ding!,ding!,ding!,ding! about 1 second delay.
    out to 750 yrd would be something like a 3 sec delay and a 100 foot vertical correction!!(as per strelok ballistic calculator on android)

At 750, the sound of impact should take a full two seconds, too.

Top Bottom