• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Any range with fixed-distance targets such as outdoors will usually let you collect your brass scattered around since many of it gets flung just in front of the shooter stand. I'd still recommend a brass catcher, though, since at the very least it minimizes damage to ejected cases since they're not flung to kingdom come.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I just built a brass catcher out of PVC pipe and some netting I got from Jo Ann Fabrics. I mount it on a sturdy camera tripod with a photographic clamp. It is 3x4 feet and works great.
    Materials list:
    2 ten foot sections of 1/2 inch PVC pipe
    4 90º elbows
    2 T- joints
    2 end caps
    5 yards of fabric (14 feet would do it for mine).
    A whole bunch of zip ties to attach the fabric.
    PVC cement
    Some sort of string to sew the openings of the net (along the back and one side).

The t joints go along the top to hold 1 foot sections of pipe used to keep the net open (net spreaders). Don't glue the net spreaders in so you can remove them for transport and storage. The end caps go on the end of the spreaders.
    Put the t joints in from the corner about 8 inches to a foot.

Cost was about $30.00 excluding the tripod and clamp.
    since most of you won't have the Bogan/Manfrotto clamp, you can mount the bottom pipe to a board and put one of those t-nuts through the board to mount on a tripod. Tripod screws are 1/4x20 IIRC. You have to figure out a way to keep it from rotating on the board. Even though it is a net fabric with 1/8 inch holes, it still acts like a sail in wind.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Bob

Are you military or have a DoD ID card? If so, Camp Bullis is your best bet. It's a nice facility, and you are required to pick up your brass. Plus, you can collect anything beyond the firing line when the line is cold. It's only open for four hours a day on Saturday and Sunday, but it's also only $30 for an annual pass.

The thread on Bullis got lost during the recent DNS attack, but if you (or anyone else) needs more info let me know.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom