• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    La Vernia, TX
    Dumb question - how can you make a "dumb tv" into a "smart tv" - is that what a "firestick" does?

Axxe55

Gentleman Farmer! (Retired!)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas
    Firestick is just a streaming device that connects to the internet to stream channels. Just like a Roku and some of the others.

As long as the TV has a HDMI port for the device, it doesn't need to be a smart TV. Most TV' made in the last ten years or so, have a HDMI input. Mine has two of them.

medicmike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    Plano
    Dumb question - how can you make a "dumb tv" into a "smart tv" - is that what a "firestick" does?

That is basically what these streaming devices do. I use Fire Cube, no cable and don't get any over the air channels but I'm not an avid TV watcher, it's usually on for background noise or streaming Pandora while I am doing other things.

TipBledsoe

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    La Vernia, TX
    Firestick is just a streaming device that connects to the internet to stream channels. Just like a Roku and some of the others.

As long as the TV has a HDMI port for the device, it doesn't need to be a smart TV. Most TV' made in the last ten years or so, have a HDMI input. Mine has two of them.

Ummm... I'm too tech dumb to even know how to respond to that.

Allow me to pose my question another way: I have one "smart tv" that is connected to no other device other than my WiFi router and we can watch Netflix, Prime, Newsmax, YouTube, etc, even local broadcast stations... how do I make my other "dumb tvs" able to do that?

medicmike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    Plano
    Ummm... I'm too tech dumb to even know how to respond to that.

Allow me to pose my question another way: I have one "smart tv" that is connected to no other device other than my WiFi router and we can watch Netflix, Prime, Newsmax, YouTube, etc, even local broadcast stations... how do I make my other "dumb tvs" able to do that?

What he means by HDMI ports will be the ones that take these cables.

Amazon product
    If you plug in your DVD player or whatever with one of these you should be able to pop in a streaming device and get at least most what you want. I haven't even looked into streaming local channels though.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Given all the TV talk, where (if anyone here knows) can I get educated on Roku or Hulu or whatever else does the job?

Given my eyes give me fits, my most cherished form of entertainment... reading, is now out and TV is very much in so I need to know where to find out how to maximize TV watching.

Top Bottom