Quiet in the Capitol III: Suppressor shoot in south Austin 2/29/2020

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Conflicts with the Georgetown car and airshow. Now I am torn which to attend. The really noisy one or the really quiet one. Hmmmm. Times clash as well.

I guess the wife and I could show up at the Quiet one as Bonnie and Clyde if someone would let me borrow a BAR.
No - but I've got a coupla 1911's an' a Model '97 you can borrow.....I'll just show up to provide some color....

Spring Branch.JPG

Attachments

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Nothing like the mighty flathead V8 though! All 83 hp. When I stomp on it it just jumps off the line (slowly).
I love the look of the old Nailheads - and almost pulled the trigger on a street rod w/one....but then I remembered the joy of adjusting valves, sobered up an' went with an engine w/hydraulic lifters....lol

crzy_one

Aug 29, 2011
Austin
I went 2 years ago which I believe was the first time they hosted it. Stood in line for 45 minutes to shoot a free mag out of a Scorpion. There weren’t really any vendors there but I heard last year was better organized. I didn’t stay for the machine gun part so can’t comment on how that was run.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
Feb 11, 2019
Hays County
I'm a bit late to the thread...but... My wife and I went to the event in 2019. It was not overly crowded and the lines to shoot moved at a reasonable pace. If my memory is correct we shot 4 or 5 times within a span of an hour. I couple vendors were there but not many. I was at Capitol Armory right before the 2020 event and the guy I talked to said it was going to be bigger and better than 2019. I had already booked a ride on the B-17 "Ye Olde Pub" @ the Georgetown Air/Car show the same weekend so I was unable to attend (sad I know :laughing:) .
yeoldpubb17.jpg

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts