• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just came across this. Capitol Armory is holding their third annual suppressor shot in south Austin (Manchaca) on February 29th. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a pretty nice event. Anyone else interested in going? I think I might try to make it.

This event is free to attend, and all firearms, ammo, and suppressors are provided. So no customer firearms or ammo at this event.

https://www.capitolarmory.com/capitol-armory-quiet-in-the-capitol-free-event
    Capitol Armory ad

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    How many people have showed up for previous events?

Sounds amazing if it’s not overly crowded...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Last edited:

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Conflicts with the Georgetown car and airshow. Now I am torn which to attend. The really noisy one or the really quiet one. Hmmmm. Times clash as well.

https://efcst.org/event/stephanie-nichols-classic-car-vintage-plane-show-2020/

I have never missed one of these charity events with my car.

0QrgJODh.jpg

I guess the wife and I could show up at the Quiet one as Bonnie and Clyde if someone would let me borrow a BAR.

Attachments

• 0QrgJODh.jpg
      0QrgJODh.jpg
      103.9 KB · Views: 818

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Conflicts with the Georgetown car and airshow. Now I am torn which to attend. The really noisy one or the really quiet one. Hmmmm. Times clash as well.

I guess the wife and I could show up at the Quiet one as Bonnie and Clyde if someone would let me borrow a BAR.

No - but I've got a coupla 1911's an' a Model '97 you can borrow.....I'll just show up to provide some color....

Spring Branch.JPG

Attachments

• Spring Branch.JPG
      Spring Branch.JPG
      1.2 MB · Views: 808

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Nothing like the mighty flathead V8 though! All 83 hp. When I stomp on it it just jumps off the line (slowly).

I love the look of the old Nailheads - and almost pulled the trigger on a street rod w/one....but then I remembered the joy of adjusting valves, sobered up an' went with an engine w/hydraulic lifters....lol

crzy_one

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Austin
    I went 2 years ago which I believe was the first time they hosted it. Stood in line for 45 minutes to shoot a free mag out of a Scorpion. There weren’t really any vendors there but I heard last year was better organized. I didn’t stay for the machine gun part so can’t comment on how that was run.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I'm a bit late to the thread...but... My wife and I went to the event in 2019. It was not overly crowded and the lines to shoot moved at a reasonable pace. If my memory is correct we shot 4 or 5 times within a span of an hour. I couple vendors were there but not many. I was at Capitol Armory right before the 2020 event and the guy I talked to said it was going to be bigger and better than 2019. I had already booked a ride on the B-17 "Ye Olde Pub" @ the Georgetown Air/Car show the same weekend so I was unable to attend (sad I know :laughing:) .
    yeoldpubb17.jpg

Top Bottom