• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moist_critical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2020
    webster, Texas
    I have one of those weird single shot pistols made by Altor. I got it in the 380 acp instead of the 9mm luger (like a jackass). I wanted this gun to shoot snake/rat shot ammo but i realized shortly after purchasing the 380 that nobody makes snake shot in that caliber..... my question is: since the 9mm and 380 are the same width, could the 9mm snake shot fire in this gun? I know normally the answer would be no but with this gun it seems possible. not sure though so here I am asking you fine people.
    PhotoCollage_1592948103720.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• PhotoCollage_1592948103720.jpg
      PhotoCollage_1592948103720.jpg
      264.9 KB · Views: 318

moist_critical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2020
    webster, Texas
    I think I would buy a Bond derringer in 9 or 45 for snake shot and be able to use regular ammo plus buy different barrels. JMHO
    I completely understand and I may do that. but since I already purchased the gun I was hoping to get at least some kind of use out of it. otherwise itll just be a paper weight

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Personally, I'd sell the gun. Take the loss, and buy a revolver in 38 or 9mm and be done with it.

The reamer was simply an idea. I don't know if there is enough material to support the added pressure of the 9mm over a 380. A competent gunsmith could probably advise, and might possibly ream it out to 9mm. But IMO, it's going to cost more than the pistol is worth.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    lol I may do that from time to time but the point of my original question was in hopes of getting some use out of this gun that I've already purchased. if I cant shoot snake shot out of it it's just gonna collect dust
    Again if it’s a safe shot just cap a rat or snake with that 380. In my days of varmint hunting on farms I capped plenty of pest with a handgun.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Load your own 380 shot

Lee hand press and cheap lee dies.

When i traveled for work id sit in my motel rooms and make pistol rounds by the hundred while watching TV.

My whole setup fit in an ammo can.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom