• ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Why would "sights" have rules???

Personally, I’m trying to figure out what “rifle” sights means.

Every pistol I own has a front and a rear sight. Some also have magnified sights, while other also have an MRDO.

Some of my rifles have front and rear sights. Others have a magnified sight, some have an RDO/MRDO, and then there’s the special ones with lasers.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Personally, I’m trying to figure out what “rifle” sights means.

Every pistol I own has a front and a rear sight. Some also have magnified sights, while other also have an MRDO.

Some of my rifles have front and rear sights. Others have a magnified sight, some have an RDO/MRDO, and then there’s the special ones with lasers.
    Rifle sights and scopes have limited eye relief.

Form 4999 - Pheripheral Accessories
    Presence of Rifle-type Back-up / Flip-up Sights / Or no sights 1pt

Presence of Reflex Sight with FTS Magnifier w/ Limited Eye-Relief 2pts

Presence of a Sight/Scope with Eye Relief Incompatible with one-handed fire 4pts

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I've wanted one of those for over a year now because of the retro commando look, but I'm not buying anymore braced pistols until all of this settles down. It should function just fine though if you decide to get it.

Reactions: gll

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I am not at all sure that this is correct.

If the brace is removed, it will not be covered by the new rules.
    4b35bed6e27c7dc0fc67ef5a6a8a9539.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    PSA's are generally ok.

Occasionally they miss things, particularly staking of the BCG or castle nut, maybe a set screw might not be as tight as it need to be. Easy to fix things. Gas ports tend to be on the larger side.

I've seen a few FSB uppers that have the front of the sight base ground smooth and melonited? They look awful and glare very easily. Not sure if they still do that.

They also use what looks like comic sans on their receiver engravings. Purely cosmetic, but it bugs me

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    PSA's are generally ok.

Occasionally they miss things, particularly staking of the BCG or castle nut, maybe a set screw might not be as tight as it need to be. Easy to fix things. Gas ports tend to be on the larger side.

I've seen a few FSB uppers that have the front of the sight base ground smooth and melonited? They look awful and glare very easily. Not sure if they still do that.

They also use what looks like comic sans on their receiver engravings. Purely cosmetic, but it bugs me
    Military Arms Channel just did a video on PSA manufacturing. Pretty impressive set up. I have been very happy with my PSA and they claim only 1% with QC issues which is pretty dang good.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Military Arms Channel just did a video on PSA manufacturing. Pretty impressive set up. I have been very happy with my PSA and they claim only 1% with QC issues which is pretty dang good.

Nothing against PSA, but MAC is probably the least trustworthy YouTuber out there

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'm not defending MAC but I am curious about what led you to that opinion.
    A bunch of people got together to do a group buy/import of Hungarian SVD's. They were responsible for convincing FEG (iirc) to jump through the hoops.

MAC buys the shipment out from under them, then lists them on gun broker for inflated prices (people got pissed and bid them up even more).

He constantly changed his story on knowing about the group buy list, but never made an effort to honor it.

There's some other drama about shilling for certain companies and the whole pistol brace thing, the Kentucky Colonel stuff, but the SVD fiasco is the big one

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    A bunch of people got together to do a group buy/import of Hungarian SVD's. They were responsible for convincing FEG (iirc) to jump through the hoops.

MAC buys the shipment out from under them, then lists them on gun broker for inflated prices (people got pissed and bid them up even more).

He constantly changed his story on knowing about the group buy list, but never made an effort to honor it.

There's some other drama about shilling for certain companies and the whole pistol brace thing, the Kentucky Colonel stuff, but the SVD fiasco is the big one
    I've heard about the SVD and KY Colonel issues but nothing comes to mind about the pistol braces. AFAIK, he's anti-ATF brace "rules".

Shilling is low hanging fruit when it comes to Youtuber criticism. If anyone gives a positive review about anything all of a sudden they're a shill to anyone that does not agree. With that said, some Youtubers are obvious shills.

ETA: As long as people admit they're a fanboy of XYZ brand and/or disclose how they got the firearm/gear, I got no problems.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I've heard about the SVD and KY Colonel issues but nothing comes to mind about the pistol braces. AFAIK, he's anti-ATF brace "rules".

Shilling is low hanging fruit when it comes to Youtuber criticism. If anyone gives a positive review about anything all of a sudden they're a shill to anyone that does not agree. With that said, some Youtubers are obvious shills.

ETA: As long as people admit they're a fanboy of XYZ brand and/or disclose how they got the firearm/gear, I got no problems.

From what i remember, he had supposedly gotten advanced notice of an atf decision that you could shoulder braces, and shouldered one on camera like day before the ATF released the letter. Something to do with him claiming it only being legal with Sb tactical braces.

He was promoting the rex zero (or whatever they were called) very hard. And as i recall copper customs was at the time the sole distributor of them.

It kind of puts a tint on his videos when you understand he is trying to sell you something, and his reviews might reflect that.

It was funny when he was sperging out over RFID chips in his NRA convention press pass, and I'll give him credit for tanking the R51 almost immediately, but i don't trust a word he says

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    From what i remember, he had supposedly gotten advanced notice of an atf decision that you could shoulder braces, and shouldered one on camera like day before the ATF released the letter. Something to do with him claiming it only being legal with Sb tactical braces.

He was promoting the rex zero (or whatever they were called) very hard. And as i recall copper customs was at the time the sole distributor of them.

It kind of puts a tint on his videos when you understand he is trying to sell you something, and his reviews might reflect that.

It was funny when he was sperging out over RFID chips in his NRA convention press pass, and I'll give him credit for tanking the R51 almost immediately, but i don't trust a word he says
    Fair enough.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom