• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was chilling on the couch yesterday unwinding from a busy day. Wife was facetiming her sister. I overheard a conversation that came up about a crazy neighbor they have. They live on 40acres around the Texoma area, have a runway and a plane. The neighbor hates this, I think because they fly over his house to land. Not super low. Anyway, they have had altercations with him. So now his thing to do anytime they are outside, barn doors up, he drives over, parks in the street and starts taking pictures/video. She said one day she was sitting outside sunbathing in her chair, watching the kids play and he just pulled up and started his shenanigans. Their house sits about 200yrds off the road, so he's not real close while doing this crap.

I have no idea how to handle something like this. I have never had this problem. Let me be clear, I'm not trying to fix this for them. They are grown azz adults. But it got my wheels turning on how you would handle this. I know he's on public property... but he is also invading privacy.

If you are LEO... or have had something like this. Please share your thoughts on the recourse. They have determined that the guy is pretty much crazy. I think good communication would fix the problem. But the BIL isn't good at that, and the other guy is... well... crazy. Lol

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    FTW,

What he's doing is obnoxious, but legal.

Nothing LE can do about it either.

From what you've pointed about this guy, there's no reasoning with him that'll do any good...

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    This is a control issue.

First try this: talk to your neighbor about how annoying it must be to have a plane unexpectedly fly over their house. Propose to call him in advance to let him know when you plan to overfly his house, promising to do you best to minimize noise, and to modify your overflight times should your neighbor have an event (backyard bbq) that might be disturbed by the overflight. In other words, maintain your freedom, but give up a little control.

If that doesn't work, ask a cop to stop by and talk to him. The cop won't be able to do anything, but it puts him on notice that escalation into illegal activities will be addressed. Plant fast growing shrubs to block his views. Place a large mirror so he can record himself recording you. Or hang a windchime of glass bits that will reflect the sun as the bits spin in the sun.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    As long as he's not "skirting" a fence to take pictures from public property, I don't think he's doing anything illegal.

Of course it still sux.
    Yes, this looks to be correct.
    Could still be reported as a "suspicious vehicle", though? I mean perps do this in advance of a home burglary...

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    You could always report the suspicious vehicle then add the kids in the report and steer it towards a child predator situation. He’s filming my kids, for what purpose? I bet that gets everyone’s attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Yup, don't mention that you know who it is, just a suspicious vehicle, filming your kids...

You could go on Google, enter in his address, get the sky view, print it, and mail it to him, with no return address, and add a note 'We are watching you'.
    Better yet, mail it to the sheriff, or DEA with a note 'I think they are growing pot at this address'.

Top Bottom