Join TexasGunTalk

Question on best way to sell off some of my guns

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by SA_Steve, Nov 29, 2018.

1. SA_Steve

SA_Steve Active Member

Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Are there any prefered local dealers ?

Is the monthly Marbach area gun show a good place to make a cash sale to a vendor ?

I went to the gun show there 4 years ago and found it very crowded but did not see any deals happening. I've not been to the Austin Hwy gun show.

I've got a half dozen handguns (no rifles) to sell. Seems I'm spending my free cash on camera gear these days so some unused things need to go.

Feel free to PM me if you have good/bad personal statements about any gun store. I remember the time I left my HR revolver with a gun store for a repair and it was 18 months before I got it back. They said their gunsmith took it apart then quit. Well, stuff happens I suppose.

2. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Post them in the classifieds here.

Gun stores don't offer much as they have to make a profit on resale. Tables at gun shows are just as bad.

Darkpriest667, Southpaw and deemus like this.
  3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you’re looking to quickly unload is a vastly different answer than if your looking to net as close to value as possible

sharkey likes this.
  4. Moonpie

Moonpie U.S. Rifle M1 caliber .30 Lifetime Member

Selling to a shop or table vendor at a show, you’ll lose your shirt. They’ll scalp you.
    If you’re not in a rush to sell post here in the classified section.
    Be realistic on your price and your items will usually sell in a reasonable time.
    Be prepared for the lowballer. They’ll certainly try you.

TheEnglishman, twain55, Orbie and 4 others like this.
  5. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Good advice

6. SA_Steve

SA_Steve Active Member

Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Thanks, I'll list a few soon. Will do some searching around the internet to see what they are selling for at vendors and knock off 15-20%.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  7. robertc1024

robertc1024 Moderator Staff Member Moderator TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Do it. I started counting and I've bought at least 13 guns off of members on here. If you've got normalish stuff, it's pretty easy to find a reasonable starting price. Weird or desirable stuff can be all over the map. Hell, ask questions. If you listed a Glock 19 and a P7 at $450, somebody would set you straight I hope.

8. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Yes, some buyers will low ball.

Sellers often want a mere pittance less than new.

Not very realistic of them to want $25.00 to $50.00 less than new and you have no idea how truthful they are regarding 'only 100 rounds or less shot with this gun' or if they cleaned it improperly or any number of things that aren't good for a gun...

Were I to buy a used every day gun, it would have to a very good deal or fuhgeddaboudit!

9. pcnotpc

pcnotpc Member

Nov 9, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    What have you got to sell?

studenygreg likes this.
  10. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Active Member

Auctions.