• ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Thank you for all the responses.
    Yes, the ME ruled the death to be suicide. The widow was not a suspect at any point.
    I think a call placed to the detective who was on scene that day would be a first step?
    Along with a request to quote the law that dictates their ownership of evidence for 3 years?

Would it help to mention that this happened within commie jurisdiction in Austin?
    Can local PDs make up their own policies on top of state laws to seize personal property?
    (IANAL, that's why I ask all these stupid questions)
    Local jurisdictions can make a lot of policy, but not policy that onnit's face violates Constitutional rights (4A, to be specific)

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Talk with a lawyer. They're yanking you around. It's bullshit, and hopefully will be resolved quickly after a call from said lawyer.

If not, prepare for a payout. Don't settle for just getting the firearm back. Literally make them pay for their incompetence.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Since the subject was brought up..........

I have a couple suicide firearms...........locally our PD , if the firearm wasn't stolen, it is up to the family what happens to the firearm. I have a friend who loaned a gun to his ex girl friend who committed suicide. He was not able to produce a BOS that it was actually his. The brother asked the PD to destroy it....they did.....

Some families will sell them rather than letting the PD destroy them.....

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Greetings,

The situation is as follows:
    A person committed suicide with a handgun. The PD ruled it a suicide but confiscated the weapon.
    PD says the law says that they must keep it for 3 years in case the weapon has been used in other crimes.
    This happened in Texas.

Question: is the PD lying and pulling "laws" out of their azz or is it actually true that any handgun used in clear suicide must be seized for years?

Asking for a friend. Truthfully.
    Thx in advance for any useful answers.

In 2017, my then 17yo brother-in-law committed suicide with a handgun he had taken from my father-in-law’s nightstand. Obviously, father-in-law didn’t want the gun back, and I sure as hell didn’t, either. I worked with the detective of the case, and he released it to me in person, after their armory guys cleaned it up. A friend bought it from me to do whatever with it. That sounds made up to me. The detective that I worked with was Pearland PD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom