• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Haha! I like that idea! I may have to put some thought into this one.

let me know if ya need some help :) always willing to bring out my loudest for a good cause.

:)

sounds lieka good excuse for some rapid fire tandem shooting.

need to get some bore thunder :)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Neighbor is breaking the law coming onto the property without a invite and as long as the property is 1 square foot over 10 acres and you are more then 150 from their house you are totally legal. You are however responsible to keep any shots inside the property.
    Where does the 10 acre thing come from? I thought as long as it is unincorporated land you could shoot on it.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Where does the 10 acre thing come from? I thought as long as it is unincorporated land you could shoot on it.
    A county can make shooting on your property illegal by ordinance, but only if you have less than 10 acres. Hays County has no such ordinance however.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I worked with the public for decades and learned a lot. I wasn't there but I get some vibes from reading the script. The initial visit you had with him poisoned the well. I seriously doubt if you can mend that fence and he does sound like a crackpot anyway.

Please don't go over to his place! If ANYTHING happens, it will look like you were looking for trouble when you came over there and you can't win that one! When he came on your place....he was wrong. Make sure YOU aren't wrong.

Are you pretty young? Sounds like he's pretty old. That's a long stretch for understanding and probably a waste of time. An old fart like me could probably patch things up with him. Better let it lay.

My 2 cents? Inform the LEO's when you are going out there. Forget the "No Trespassing" signs. That's the law anyway and putting them up will just wave a red flag at him. Make super certain all of your rounds are contained then exercise your right to enjoy the Second Amendment on your family property. Obey the law and help the LEO's keep the peace. After that............. F---- Him.

Flash

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Of course in addition to some extra loud guns and explosive targets you might make a point to the man.

Arrange a large scale shooting party on the property, invite a hundred of your closest TGT friends and have them bring the exotics out and have a all day long demonstration of the firepower protected by the second amendment!

Once he digs out from under his bed, he should be completely mellow to your private weekend target sessions from then on.

gonnatell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Austin, Tx
    Haha, I would love to see the face on that guy if I arranged something like that. Oh man would he be pissed! Haha!

But to ROGER4314, yes I'm young (23 yrs) and he is probably in his 60's I'd say. It looks like the best thing I can do is just inform the local police when I will be out there. I mean I'm not trying to please the old man im just trying to have some fun shooting without causing any trouble to the police.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Some will have a link on the county website. You could also call the SO and ask. Which county do you live in?
    Milam county. They have a website, but couldn't find it on there. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't fully entered the digital age yet, lol... Who do you mean by "SO"?

I've had a similar issue with a neighbor of mine. He lives about a mile down the road (the houses are pretty darn spread out where I'm at). One time he came by and told me I was ruining a nice Sunday afternoon, lol... Trying to be neighborly I asked him when a better time to shoot would be and he said "Well anytime is a good time to shoot, but we country folk don't do it for hours on end." I had to laugh at that since I grew up with people named "Bubba" and "Boudreau", and shooting for hours on end is what we did for fun on a nice Sunday afternoon... He seemed really hung up on the "country" thing asking me where I was from and if I was "country". Very odd...

I was shooting my PSL and Mosin that day, so I understand they are pretty loud. He'll think they are quiet if I ever get the .50bmg I want

Top Bottom