• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Did he pay more than the LE version?
    I don't know what that price was I only saw one price listed, and no mention of two prices except a cash discount. With the tax and insurance it came to $867.35.

This is the ad I saw.

buds ad.jpg

Last edited:

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Looks like he did pay more.
    I tried to tell him to check locally because he may be able to get it for less, but he wanted it right then. Ed is 77 years old and when he wants it, he wants it. Plus, he likes dealing with Buds and has dealt with them many times over the years. He said he was buying because "FJB". His exact words.

I wish I could convince the local ffl to put this in the box when he picks it up!

1637802385636.png

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    They probably had those in stock for LE/MIL only and out of stock for everyone else who isn't. It's not uncommon to go to a store that offers a blue label type program and them not have stock for those who don't qualify, but do have stock for those who do. When I bought my G43x from GT distributors they told me they were out of stock unless I qualified for the blue label. Which I did. I guess they have a different stock of guns reserved for those who qualify for their LE/MIL program.

mp_tx

Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    It’s two separate inventories. They might have 10 in the LE program, and 10 in store stock. They cannot substitute, or cross fill an order. If the store stock goes to zero, they cannot dip into the LE stock due to program rules.

You friend inquired about an LE program pistol from the LE stock. It’s not an LEO specific pistol, it’s just part of the LE stock. That’s why they said he could not buy it without proof of service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I saw this one on Buds Guns site and was wondering what makes it so different that it can only be sold to LE, ex LE, or military or ex military? Seems like it just another 357 magnum revolver. Anybody know what makes it different?

View attachment 290127

My friend Ed wanted to buy it from them, but that said they could only sell it to LE or military. He had to send them a copy of his VA card and then they said he could buy it.
    if you ask me, newer smith revolvers are really mid, get a ruger tbh.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Ed got the gun today. It's a big thing too! Now he has ordered a Desert Eagle 1911C from gun broker.
    Hey Bill,

Am glad for your friend, Mr. Ed.

My youngest son has a similar 686 in a 7" by 7 shooter platform.

Boy, is it swell!

Later, Mark

That's a damned odd way to heat up your inhaler!

Back to the gun, Ed called and said the thing is locked up now, that you can't cock it or pull the trigger and can't open the cylinder. He's gonna bring it by tomorrow and I'll take a look at it. Maybe just needs some lube or a mallet tap.
    Hey Bill,

It is Locked!

Tell him to insert the key in the lock and turn it.!

Later, Mark

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Hey Bill,

Am glad for your friend, Mr. Ed.

My youngest son has a similar 686 in a 7" by 7 shooter platform.

Boy, is it swell!

Later, Mark

Hey Bill,

It is Locked!

Tell him to insert the key in the lock and turn it.!

Later, Mark
    I told him to check that and he said it made no difference.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Hey Bill,

If it persists, (lock may be jammed)...it is a simple matter to remove the "plate" and replace with a filler plate. Or simply grind the "nub" off the "plate"...

Later, Mark

Hey Mark,

I told him to do that but he's a horse and cannot use complex tools. He can barely handle his bag of oats!

:clown:

Top Bottom