• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Believe what you want. I could tell you a story about a Bushmaster AR used in an aggravated crime. Dealer gave it to his son, who traded it to a guy for work done, that traded it to a dealer @ a Conroe gun show.

When a ATF agents says it was used in an aggrevated crime & breaks that down for you if your to stupid to know what it means then attaches you as last in possession shit gets real.

I was just referencing the bait you were casting out, but I see how you may have thought I was calling it a fish story. Bad memeing on my part...

Now as far as your post, what was the outcome?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If a gun turns up used in a crime & the seriel numbers are intact there is going to be a reverse trace made on the gun. You don't want to be the person telling BATFE agent investigating I sold it FTF, but I don't know who to.
    Why? What law requires me to? Unless there is direct evidence connecting me to the crime what difference does it make?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    But that all starts with a reverse search. I would think the revearse search would be easier anyway.

Correct and right now the search according to you has stopped at a dealer and he cannot say I do not know who I sold it to. He either knows who he sold it to or he reports it lost/stolen.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Believe what you want. I could tell you a story about a Bushmaster AR used in an aggravated crime. Dealer gave it to his son, who traded it to a guy for work done, that traded it to a dealer @ a Conroe gun show.

When a ATF agents says it was used in an aggrevated crime & breaks that down for you if your to stupid to know what it means then attaches you as last in possession shit gets real.
    Bullshît x 100.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Correct and right now the search according to you has stopped at a dealer and he cannot say I do not know who I sold it to. He either knows who he sold it to or he reports it lost/stolen.
    The guy who recieved it for payment of work told ATF the name of the dealer @ the gun show he traded it to. My guess ATF paid him a visit. Never heard shit about it after that.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The guy who recieved it for payment of work told ATF the name of the dealer @ the gun show he traded it to. My guess ATF paid him a visit. Never heard shit about it after that.

So what is the problem and how does the shit get real and what does this “cool story bro” have to do with telling an atf agent you sold it ftf and do not know who you sold it to?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Bullshît x 100.
    I don't know you & really don't care to, but most people have an ATF agent show up & start asking about a gun & their assholes start puckering. I know 3 of the people who had the visit & 2 had heads up they where coming. They still were a bit freaked out by the visit, about a gun they had owned at on time have been used in a murder.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I don't know you & really don't care to, but most people have an ATF agent show up & start asking about a gun & their assholes start puckering. I know 3 of the people who had the visit & 2 had heads up they where coming. They still were a bit freaked out by the visit, about a gun they had owned at on time have been used in a murder.

BATFE does not send agents to conduct a trace. Traces are conducted by contractors over the phone or by mail.

If BATFE agents are coming to their house there is a lot more to the story then you were told.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So what is the problem and how does the shit get real and what does this “cool story bro” have to do with telling an atf agent you sold it ftf and do not know who you sold it to?
    I guess if the ATF showed up on my porch & started question me I freak out some to beigin with. I sure the **** don't want my dog getting shot.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    BATFE does not send agents to conduct a trace. Traces are conducted by contractors over the phone or by mail.

If BATFE agents are coming to their house there is a lot more to the story then you were told.
    Could be! Might have been during The Fast & Furious to. The 3 people I know were shown BATFE ID's . That I was not told they were not told.

I had a FFL up until Clinton made it hader to have. I never once had a compliance check in 10 years.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If a gun turns up used in a crime & the seriel numbers are intact there is going to be a reverse trace made on the gun. You don't want to be the person telling BATFE agent investigating I sold it FTF, but I don't know who to.
    Why pray tell? No legal requirement for any paper trails unless you are an FFL.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Could be! Might have been during The Fast & Furious to. The 3 people I know were shown BATFE ID's . That I was not told they were not told.

You weren't there so you really don't know

The fact that I was the original purchaser of a gun 10 years ago that I sold 5 years ago and was yesterday used in a crime does not implicate me at all. Further evidence would be required

I sold several guns to people on this forum and only remember one of the screen names.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    One of the guys here on the forum sold some AK's several years back that ended up in the possession of some terrorist cell or something. He was contacted by investigators, told them he sold it to a guy FTF and that was the last of it from my recollection.

Your story of "shit gets real" sounds like it was just someone contacting them with questions...whooptydoo. Nothing to soil your trousers over...

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009

I have explained to two Police depts. that I did not not have any record of a gun traded a decade prior. And that I traded in a p/u used in an aggravated robbery. I did no do the crime. The BATFE can F off. What they write in their report is meaningless. I did provide the dealership where I traded the truck as it was just a few months after the deal and thereis a paperwork requirement for vehicles

Last edited:
    Top Bottom