• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Just waiting on the usual suspects to come in and crap on her memory...(and oh look, there's one already)

But here's some items that I find admirable about her:

During WWII, she joined the army as soon as she turned 18 (as many royals did). But instead of a cushy PR/morale booster job, she trained to be a truck mechanic.

This quote from 1991: "Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born Texans."

She's the only British monarch ever to sing in public. The song she sang? The Star Spangled Banner. She also led a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Just waiting on the usual suspects to come in and crap on her memory...(and oh look, there's one already)

But here's some items that I find admirable about her:

During WWII, she joined the army as soon as she turned 18 (as many royals did). But instead of a cushy PR/morale booster job, she trained to be a truck mechanic.

This quote from 1991: "Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born Texans."

She's the only British monarch ever to sing in public. The song she sang? The Star Spangled Banner. She also led a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.
    We don't revere monarchy in Texas...........we crush it.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    28B05D36-D698-4491-A67F-82145F088A3E.jpeg

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Monarchy should be despised by everyone............she was a figurehead and nothing more.

As I stated..........there is a reason why we as Americans separated from Great Brittain.........get bent if you don't agree...........and go back to a country lead by a monarch.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Most of us were also taught not to speak ill of the dead. I have no loyalty to any monarch. I simply found this particular one to be more worthwhile...as someone else's head of state.
    No fealty at all to monarchy here.............love seeing it crumble..........in real time.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I remember something from a long time ago................

Fee.......Fi.......Fo.......Fum........I smell the blood of an Englishman. Be he/she alive or be he/she dead.............I will grind his/her bones to make my bread. (gender duality ((not fluidity)) added for YOU types that recognize that)

How soon we all forget why we are AMERICANS and not a British colony.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    How soon we all forget why we are AMERICANS and not a British colony.

Cripes, man. Nobody here thinks they're British. You're projecting a hell of a lot - maybe you should work out your anger issues in private.

Here's a tip: Being an American does not mean we're required to hate every other nation's head of state or monarch. We get it, you hate the old lady who said nice things about Texas and the US while she was monarch of one of our major allies. Whatever. Nobody's impressed with that but you.

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    I doubt if Charles can. His best bet would be to "rule" for a year or two, then abdicate to William. The kid at least has the charisma for the job and a good public image.

I thought Charles was disqualified by his divorce?

He might be the first king who is better known for his ex-wife.

“King who?”

“Di’s ex.”

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom