• IMG_20200505_190545.jpg
      IMG_20200505_190545.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 486

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Rice and chicken. Rice made in the cooker with chicken stock. Chicken in the pan on the stove. Whole family was full.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Black bean & cheese tostadas. Avoid Gluten Free Tostadas, not sure why my wife does stupid shit when buying groceries! I was tired from A/C shopping. Now I'm suffering with heartburn.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Of all the places I’ve eaten and all the CFS’s I’ve had I’ve never had one from Babe’s but you know I’ve heard all the rave. It looks great.

Its not the best one I've had. But its really good. The sides they serve are really good too. Their butterbeans taste like my grandma's. And the best part, its 10 minutes from my house.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Black bean & cheese tostadas. Avoid Gluten Free Tostadas, not sure why my wife does stupid shit when buying groceries! I was tired from A/C shopping. Now I'm suffering with heartburn.
    Lol. I bought gluten free white bread at the beginning of this pandemic craze because it was all I could find. I threw it out after eating two slices.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Lol. I bought gluten free white bread at the beginning of this pandemic craze because it was all I could find. I threw it out after eating two slices.

I eat gluten free pasta and sometimes bread too. Took some getting used to, but after a while it works.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I eat gluten free pasta and sometimes bread too. Took some getting used to, but after a while it works.
    I'm glad gluten doesn't bother me. Also glad I'm not diabetic. I would follow those diets if I had to but it would be tough.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Rack of ribs. Top shelf in my gas grill. Started them when I put salmon fillets on. After fish was done, dropped it down to two of the five burners on as low as possible. 3 hrs at around 350. Perfect.

9973442108726e00b0a528a744b82034.jpg

Attachments

• 9973442108726e00b0a528a744b82034.jpg
      9973442108726e00b0a528a744b82034.jpg
      110.1 KB · Views: 451

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I'm glad gluten doesn't bother me. Also glad I'm not diabetic. I would follow those diets if I had to but it would be tough.

It doesn’t bother me. I read Wheat Belly and went gluten free. Lost 15 ish lbs in a couple months. But the weight loss was secondary. My mind seemed clearer. Sounds weird. It was.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

When I got my celiac diagnosis, it’s was really hard to avoid gluten for a few months. But I learned to love with it and honestly it’s not that tough.

And the significant health issues I had. that all went away, made it worthwhile.

The brain fog that deemus mentions was very real for me. Partly due to sleep apnea/massive snoring that literally stopped within days.

It’s just weird that celiac - a genetic disorder - didn’t manifest until I was in my 40’s. I’d eaten gluten my whole life, but it didn’t make me sick...until it did.

I do get a kick out of it when folks ask me what I eat on my cheat days LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Made time to cook yesterday.
    Pucked Pork ribs, asparagus, mashed cauliflower, sauerkraut ...
    Served on the finest china, per usual.

View attachment 212701
    You ever try horseradish in your smashed cauliflower. I use to eat it as a kid. Bought it once when I first got married, the wife bitched so I threw it at a tree. It had been a while & I had some & really did not like it.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    You ever try horseradish in your smashed cauliflower. I use to eat it as a kid. Bought it once when I first got married, the wife bitched so I threw it at a tree. It had been a while & I had some & really did not like it.

Nope, but I like horseradish with corned beef, which I cook frequently.
    And mix up a little Colman's Dry English Mustard on ham of any kind, which has the same effect.
    Clear your sinuses faster than anything OTC to boot ...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    How did it taste on the tree?
    Not as good as the look on the wives face when I did it!

Funny how when I was @ her family gathering I was just supposed to eat food I didn't like & shut up about it. Here grandmother's fruit salad sat on my plate until someone asked. I hate when someone "fixes a plate" for you! Her Dad's battleship grey turkey gravy that was more like wallpaper paste. Her Aunts yams with marshmallows. I pretty much hate marshmallow. I'll eat cornbread stuffing. I won't eat cornbread sawdust with grey gravy.

Then there was the Thanksgiving her dad wanted me to carve the turkey(they made it clear they thought we should take over the tradition). I actually removed both breast & sliced them against the grain. Thighs were boned out, the wings were cut on the joints & the drumsticks where left whole. Mr. Grey Gravy bitched about everything. Said breast meat was sliced all wrong & I didn't bone out the drums. I told him drums stick have to much tendon to carve & the proper way was to eat it like a chickem drumstick. I actually watched him make his gravy. He never used any pan dripping & made a basic corn starch slurry that he heated with the gizzards, heart & liver chopped in it. Never seen hard boiled eggs in gravy

Top Bottom