• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Maybe you can shed some light...
    I always thought it was weird that you can’t buy raw crab (unless it’s still alive). It’s always cooked. Why is that? I assume it spoils quickly?

Even lobster tails, which I would think are similar, are bought raw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My guess on crab meat is 1) It spoils very quick & 2) Impossible to process it raw, think the meat in a king crab or snow crab body! And where does it all that meat go? I have never seen it for sale. Export market or stay in Alaska?
    Back in the good old days when we use to get blue crab meat it never lasted more the 5 days & that was keeping it iced down in the cooler. It came from Brownsville & was killer the day it came in. They probabaly processed it the day before. Opening them to check them in the early am while setting up the case was harsh!

Lobster spoils real fast! Back in the days of lobster tanks you would pull the dead ones as soon as you noticed them. Before we had steamers in seafood the tail & claws were ripped off & displayed for sale. If you tried that with a whole dead one it was turning green by the next day even if iced. With steamers you cooked it whole & got 3-5 days.

When I worked in Pasadena the live lobster use to deliver me on Fridays late. After checking him in I'd go out to his truck & he would give what died during the day. I ate a lot of lobster for a year.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Basically missed dinner last night. Tried to order pizza and that proved a bad idea. First place ran out of sausage. I'm wanting a sausage & mushroom. Second place was not ansering their phone or were just that busy.

I blamed the wife for phucing it up. She normal talks to her mom on Sundays. When I told her to go call her mom she waste busy drinking wine. I hate answer the phone when it's her mom, because I dislike the bitch that much. When she calls if no one answers she just keeps calling back even 5 minute. By the time the wife was done talking to her mom it was into prime time for people to eat. Not like this old man who wants to eat early.

So this morning I was feeling pretty hungry. No breakfast meat in the house & I really didn't want grits or biscuits because I would have had to make it. So it was Pappas Bar B Que breakfast tacos. Unfortunately they didn't have any tamales to go with my brisket breakfast taco. Had a Coke with it & nodded out shortly after finishing.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Interested in that recipe.
    I chop a bunch of vegetables including peppers, onion, celery, carrot, brussel sprouts, spinach, mushrooms, garlic, and basil and sautée in olive oil. I add a can of chopped tomatoes and a jar of HEB Organic pasta sauce (I think this one was toasted garlic). I add a table spoon of worsteshire sauce and a couple spoonfuls of Better than Bullion paste https://www.betterthanbouillon.com/our-products/?group=vegetarian

(I used the No Beef) one since I was adding vegan meatballs (Pure Farmland, available in the meat cooler in HEB
    https://pure-farmland.com/products/pure-farmland-meatballs/ ).

I thin the sauce with HEB Central Market low sodium Vegetable Broth to the proper consistency (YMMV). If I need to thicken it, I would use tomato paste. I season to taste with Italian Seasonings and smoked paprika (if you like smoky flavored pasta).

I brown the meatballs in my air fryer first. Then I drop them in the sauce about 20 minutes before we eat. I serve it over pasta, but you can also serve over rice or a nice chunk garlic french bread!

Other additions could be any vegetables you like that would hold up (corn, green beans, red beans, chick peas, green peas, etc.) and of course, meat.

You can also use this recipe for a more healthy meatball sub sandwich.

Very tasty. High fiber, low fat, zero cholesterol. You can go low carb by using more vegetable broth and making it a soup!

Enjoy

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I was thinking that would be great with italian sausage meatballs.
    It’s chunky with all the vegetables. I have used this type of sauce for Beyond Meat Italian sausages as well.

By adding lots of sautéed vegetables to the sauce, you can really pump up the fiber, vitamins, and minerals for your dish. If you have folks who don’t like veggies, you can always make the sauce and purée it in the blender. It will thicken it and hide the vegetables...

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Adjustments.jpg

Leftovers...... this is a REAL rib sandwich. Deboned pork spare ribs with my Carolina Gold BBQ sauce. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Attachments

• Adjustments.jpg
      Adjustments.jpg
      2.6 MB · Views: 412

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It’s chunky with all the vegetables. I have used this type of sauce for Beyond Meat Italian sausages as well.

By adding lots of sautéed vegetables to the sauce, you can really pump up the fiber, vitamins, and minerals for your dish. If you have folks who don’t like veggies, you can always make the sauce and purée it in the blender. It will thicken it and hide the vegetables...

I love how it looks and sounds. I just pretty much always have some kind of meat. I don't have cholesterol issues and my blood type suggests I eat lots of meat.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I braised some pork carnitas in dr pepper, soy, garlic, and a bit of coconut curry powder and red chile flakes...served it with steaming hot white rice and some bok choy that I stir fried in the carbon steel wok.

View attachment 209513

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Try that on top of some basmati rice.

Top Bottom