• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    ...I had a SR22 that was 100 percent reliable until one random day for no reason it wasn't. Yeah...Ruger is something else these days.

What happened to your SR22? That's one of the guns I brought from Cali and it's been amazing for nearly a decade.
    Hurley's Gold

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    What happened to your SR22? That's one of the guns I brought from Cali and it's been amazing for nearly a decade.
    I don't know. Out of the blue it would stove pipe and not blowback all the way on every round. It went from eating everything to that and the recoil spring was fine, I didn't see any problems on the slide or frame rails, the extractor was the same...I didn't have an answer. It would fire and fail to eject every round. I went into Euless guns and ammo and traded it. Told em what it was doing and I didn't expect much in trade. They gave me the full trade amount and felt like they could trouble shoot it.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I don't know. Out of the blue it would stove pipe and not blowback all the way on every round. It went from eating everything to that and the recoil spring was fine, I didn't see any problems on the slide or frame rails, the extractor was the same...I didn't have an answer. It would fire and fail to eject every round. I went into Euless guns and ammo and traded it. Told em what it was doing and I didn't expect much in trade. They gave me the full trade amount and felt like they could trouble shoot it.

Faulty Mags?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Faulty Mags?
    I'm sure no. The mags and gun got taken care of. I can see a follower having issues with the first round, but every single round and the geometry seemed the same. If manually operated it would pick up a round fine. You fire it, and it didn't want to blow back anymore; hardly at all. There was no signs of anything. Just as it would fire anything, it decided one day it wouldn't fire anything or any type of ammo. I looked it over expecting to find something but it was truly odd. Not one part told a story. Everything looked fine.

dg47

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    New Braunfels, tx
    I have sigs, Glocks, and have had HK and Walther. Been loving the dagger from Psa, I bought three of them. 500 with optics. Getting a canik rival for competition. Will let you know how it runs in you want.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    1665675764210.png

mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    I would like to know which pistols do you own or have shot that have left a positive impression. I haven’t bought a pistol in about 3 years, saved up around $1000, and about ready to purchase. Any feedback is appreciated.
    This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but the Canik TP9 Elite Combat/Elite Combat Executive.

People like them or hate them, but those who hate them probably have never shot them before. Basically its an licensed walther copy. But for the pricepoint you'd be hard pressed to get better. I find it slightly bigger than a glock 19. My first experience with the TP9 was contracting using a regular elite. So much nicer than the glock 19/17 than I was used to. It is optics ready, and I have never shot a better out of box trigger. It also comes with a salient arms barrel and mag well funnel. It basically needs nothing.

The cons I can think of are that you have to take off the rear sights to mount an optic if that's what you like to do. The warren blacked out rears and front fiber optic is a nice setup. Also it is extremely hard to find spare mags. Retails for about 700.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Well you have to remember, 1911 guys are too cultured to clean every 2,500 rounds. That's cave man stuff. Because of "tighter tolerances", you have to clean and lube after every range trip to experience the pure unadulterated joy of the 1911 platform, the gun that won TWO (not one) world wars.

That's of course AFTER the break-in period, which is a foreign concept to Glock users who can use their guns immediately and reliably out of the box, but definitely well known to the more cultured 1911 audience.
    Bullshit. You just have to lube them 1911s before a range trip.

Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    We know that Sootch promotes any gun he tries out. This video is included simply because he does a decent job of Describing a gun's features.

I've owned my PCR for about four years. Everything is stock - zero alterations. DA/SA, with an allow frame.

The base price for a nib PCR (75D) - today - might still be under $700, even on GB.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    This might not fit the thread, because it didn't cost me $700...

vg879a0.jpg

Wifey and I checked out a new-to-us gunshop yesterday. We both found something we had to bring home. Price tag on this was $699 - shop was running 10% off deal though yesterday as an early Black Friday thing I guess. Brought that price down to $630, taxes brought it back to $680.

I've been enjoying my vanilla 92FS so much, I decided to get the more modern version too.

Fondled a 92X Performance over at Spring Guns & Ammo the other day - oooh does that have the nicest trigger I've ever fondled on a stock DA gun. The $1559 + tax price tag was too rich for my blood at the moment though.

When we stopped in at Texas Loot yesterday they had this lil' guy and it had to come home with me. I think I'm becoming a Beretta fan-girl.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    This might not fit the thread, because it didn't cost me $700...

vg879a0.jpg

Wifey and I checked out a new-to-us gunshop yesterday. We both found something we had to bring home. Price tag on this was $699 - shop was running 10% off deal though yesterday as an early Black Friday thing I guess. Brought that price down to $630, taxes brought it back to $680.

I've been enjoying my vanilla 92FS so much, I decided to get the more modern version too.

Fondled a 92X Performance over at Spring Guns & Ammo the other day - oooh does that have the nicest trigger I've ever fondled on a stock DA gun. The $1559 + tax price tag was too rich for my blood at the moment though.

When we stopped in at Texas Loot yesterday they had this lil' guy and it had to come home with me. I think I'm becoming a Beretta fan-girl.
    On the 1911 forum I visit someone had a 92x performance for sale for $975 shipped. I missed it by 30 minutes.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The November issue of American Rifleman features a new S&W, the CSX. It looks interesting to me. Metal frame, compact, and MSRP of $609. I own a similar older model (3905?) and it's a nice shooting little 9mm.

Anyone seen the CSX firsthand?

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The November issue of American Rifleman features a new S&W, the CSX. It looks interesting to me. Metal frame, compact, and MSRP of $609. I own a similar older model (3905?) and it's a nice shooting little 9mm.

Anyone seen the CSX firsthand?

They're not really new - been out for about a year. Only seen one in person, but it was at an Academy and thus, couldn't try the trigger out.

They had some issues with them - magazine related + the polymer grip inserts were too fragile. Hopefully they fixed them, because its cool to see a hammer fired, metal framed Smith & Wesson auto, even if its a tiny 9 and not a fully size gun. They were also supposed to put them out in @zackmars favorite new caliber - .30 Thuper Carry

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    They're not really new - been out for about a year. Only seen one in person, but it was at an Academy and thus, couldn't try the trigger out.

They had some issues with them - magazine related + the polymer grip inserts were too fragile. Hopefully they fixed them, because its cool to see a hammer fired, metal framed Smith & Wesson auto, even if its a tiny 9 and not a fully size gun. They were also supposed to put them out in @zackmars favorite new caliber - .30 Thuper Carry
    I was not impressed with the CSX I've shot. Felt like it needed an extra year or 2 in development

Top Bottom