• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoon2063

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    waco
    I appreciate all the input, I have about 9 pistols to try out at my local range. Thanks again for everyone's thoughts.
    ↑This is the best thing to do, IMO.

I just went through the stress of choosing a new handgun. Shot the following at two local ranges.

Springfield XDM Elite
    Glock 19
    Sig 320 M17
    M&P 2.0
    CZ p10F
    Springfield Hellcat Pro
    Canik SFX

They all put rounds down range so, for me it came down to feel and aesthetics somewhat. I choose the M&P 2.0 4".
    Gun Zone Deals

Reacher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Grand Prairie, TX
    It's a repeat of what has been said, but I own and enjoy these:

HK VP9
    Walther PPQ - best striker fired trigger out of the box
    Sig P365 X-Macro - top end of your price point
    Walther PDP - still getting used to this one
    S&W M&P2.0

In the end, fondle a lot of guns, find the ones that feel the best and then do a little research. I don't think you could go wrong with HK, Walther, or Sig.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Glock 19, 17

CZ 75 and variants

Kimber 1911-9mm

Beretta M9..surprised not to see more mention of the Berretta in this thread

Orionsic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2022
    Houston
    Why do so many people like glocks? That second stage trigger system isn’t appealing at all. I’m an old 1911 user.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Cuz they almost never jam. Granted, I’ve only fired around 3000 rounds through my Glocks over the years, but they never jammed.

My first 1911 jammed at least every 5th round, but often on 3-4th round of literally every mag. I love the history and idea of the 1911. But it frustrated me enough to sell my 1911 and buy a Glock.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Why do so many people like glocks? That second stage trigger system isn’t appealing at all. I’m an old 1911 user.

Never could quite figure that out the fascination about them myself either. I jumped on the Glock bandwagon back in the early 90s and after about 6 months using it promptly went back to my Beretta 92 which by the way has never jammed on me. Sold the Glock and never owned one since. Only "bad" thing I can see on the Beretta 92 is its somewhat large grip area for some people but its ergonomics are perfect for me. Since then added the SIG P226 and CZ-75 to my collection and found those to be awesome as well. S&W 3rd Gen. autoloaders are great also.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas

I am a fantastic plastic fanboy (Glock, HK, Walther, etc), but I recently bought a higher end 1911. The trigger on it destroys anything Glock has ever offered, and any after market trigger system from Overwatch Precision to Timney. The gun feels sooooo good in the hand, smooth action, 2.5 pound SA trigger pull out of the box, felt like a marble over smooth glass the first time I dry fired, and it just feels like a higher quality gun compared to any of my Glocks. I actually keep it on my desk in my man cave because I just like handling it every once in a while when I'm taking a break, look down the sights, and just gripping it.

I still daily carry my Glocks. The main reason? Stupid simple reliability. My Glock 17, 19, 27, and 43x haven't had a single FTE/FTF in over 8,000-10,000 rounds. From Winchester white box range ammo, to Gold Dots, they eat anything and everything. I don't clean them every range trip, could be months between cleanings. I carried the Glock 43x during the recent 105 degree Summer here in Central Texas. Sweat all over the handle, slide, and magazine plate every time I came back home. Wiped it off, not even a single spec of rust after 3 months of Summer carry. How is it possible? I don't know, Gaston Glock magic.

That's why people love Glocks.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    It's not that bad. It's also very reliable, simple and durable.

I put over 40,000 rounds on a G19X, and over 20,000 rounds through a G45 gen 5, and had no major malfunctions or breakages

Glock also has EXCELLENT customer service (unless you are getting brass to the face), has loyalty programs that allows you to get cheaper pistols (gssf), and parts and mags are everywhere

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I would like to know which pistols do you own or have shot that have left a positive impression. I haven’t bought a pistol in about 3 years, saved up around $1000, and about ready to purchase. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Go to a gunshop range that rents pistols and bargain a deal to shoot at least five different models-compare them yourself, then research and then buy.
    I have loved MANY pistols and still have the rare adverse opinion of any trigger that has the safety lever (glock kahr springfield models) because I am different! You are your best judge on what fits you.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I would like to know which pistols do you own or have shot that have left a positive impression. I haven’t bought a pistol in about 3 years, saved up around $1000, and about ready to purchase. Any feedback is appreciated.
    I have a Kimber Micro 9 for sale $675 with 4 mags and laser grips plus fake ivory grips. Granbury

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    It's a tupperware gun, just throw it in the dishwasher to clean it.:laughing:

The glock I own has been a reliable pistol but I'll always refer a well built 1911.

Top Bottom