• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedClayCherries

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2022
    Houston Texas
    I would like to know which pistols do you own or have shot that have left a positive impression. I haven’t bought a pistol in about 3 years, saved up around $1000, and about ready to purchase. Any feedback is appreciated.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    First of all, welcome to TGT.

Please follow the rules of the forum regarding the Classifieds.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    As others have said: welcome.

Why start at 700.00? Start at 500.00
    Plenty of good 9mm’s under 700.00

I’ll start with the glock 19x. I don’t have a iwb holster yet just owb. Currently carry my xd mod2 service but I think the 19x is the best bang for the buck. Good durable gun, night sights, good capacity, ok trigger. Other things going on under the hood are better than most other handguns. For the price is just a great gun.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I would agree with those above who said see what feels good in your hand and go from there.

My recommended starting list around $700:
    Sig P320
    Sig P365XL
    Beretta 92
    H&K VP9
    Walther PPQ
    Glock 17/19/19X
    Springfield XDM

More economical but still good quality:
    Sig SP2022
    Ruger Security 9
    Canick TP9
    RIA 1911

Maybe find a range that rents handguns and try a few out first.

avgatbest

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2022
    Dallas
    I will add, depending on the purpose will depend on the size. I would not want to carry a full size all steel frame pistol around all day.... maybe for my bedside or a truck gun sure.
    The 92 compact variants "feel" like they'd be heavy but they actually carry very nice. I just grabbed one myself and I was surprised - it obviously weighs a little more than a Glock 19, but it's a really nice shooter and I'm becoming a big fan of the DA/SA coming from the Glock world.

If you want ultimate custom-ize-ability, get a Glock...parts availability, aftermarket support, part prices, etc - Glock is at the top. The gun has to fit your hand and you should figure out which gives you the most natural point of aim and all that jazz...that part takes a while to figure out.

Best bet is to find a gun range that has several different guns available for rent and run through a bunch of them - which feels comfortable, do you like a hammer-fire or are you a striker-fire person, do you want polymer or steel, red dot, etc etc.

avgatbest

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2022
    Dallas
    While you’re trying out guns at the range, don’t miss the S&W M&P 2.0. I’ve found it to be easy to shoot and failure free.

fantastic gun - the grip texture is perfect and has that nice grip angle, but aftermarket support isn't the best...great value though....you can get the non-optic versions (or you could) for under 500 and in some cases close to 400.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    fantastic gun - the grip texture is perfect and has that nice grip angle, but aftermarket support isn't the best...great value though....you can get the non-optic versions (or you could) for under 500 and in some cases close to 400.
    Yeah- they’re high like everything else in the gun world today. My wife wanted me to cover the grip in some tennis racket tape as the texture was a bit rough for her hands. Hers is a full size version and is a great night stand occupant. I put a laser and light on the rail and all is good. She sure isn’t under gunned with 19 rounds. Thumb safety as well. That’s preferred around these parts.

Top Bottom