• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Where to buy powder by the lb. and odds & ends of reloading supplies to avoid shipping cost for online purchases? I realize purchasing large quantities on Black Friday, Cyber Monday and sometimes up to New Years if often without such shipping and hazmat charges. But to buy just a lb. online the cost of shipping is about equal to the purchase of the powder or primers. Thanks
    Mike
    Hurley's Gold

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I did a quick search and didn't turn up powder sales near Huntsville. San Jacinto Shooters Supply (located in Blackwood Shooting Range) in Conroe is probably the closest component sales location to you. The owner usually keeps a good stock of popular components and is more than happy to order what you need. Roughly 40 mile trip, so you might want to call before you drive there. They have a facebook page.

Some Academy stores carry a limited amount of powder and primers. Their prices seem high, but I haven't really done a solid check on that. I generally stock up at San Jacinto or 10Ring.

A bit further south is Carter's Country. They have a lot of components, but I'm not a fan (nor is anyone who has dealt with them much).

10Ring is further south yet - over off of 290. Great store and nice folks. About 65 miles for you.

bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Sorry guys. I've moved to Pflugerville. Haven't been active on the forum for some time. I'm trying to figure out how to change my location to "Austin" on the forum.
    Mike

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Sorry guys. I've moved to Pflugerville. Haven't been active on the forum for some time. I'm trying to figure out how to change my location to "Austin" on the forum.
    Mike

Don't do it ;-) you have to poop in the street and vote democrat if you change your identity to Austin. ;-) What part of the area are you in? I live north of Austin in Round Rock.

bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    "Moscow on the Colorado" ! Live in Pflugerville. Well actually about 6 miles due south of old town Hutto but a Pflugerville mailing address. Looks like I can order powder in the one lbs containers and not pay shipping through Pro Bass Shop. I will check out McBride's as well.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I gotta mildly disagree with TexasJack on Academy powder prices. As he said, what they carry in reloading supplies varies by store, but my local one's prices are always less than Cabelas. If you ever get down towards Seguin/San Antonio area, Bexar Community Shooting Center has a ton of supplies.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I bought powder off Texas Gun Trader from someone who had too much I guess. 15 lbs of several kinds I could use $80. Then some primers showed up and bought 5k of them too. Last time I found 2k rounds of cleaned and primed 5.56 brass for $60. Bought pulled bullets online for cheap and loaded my butt off for a week. It pays to keep your eyes open. I am also in Round Rock.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    I'll let you piggyback on my supply orders at cost if you want. As long as I can get it from my suppliers, happy to pass on the love. I cant sell you OEM components or OEM kegs but the resale components are still cheaper than anything locally and shipping is already covered by my order on primers and small powder orders.

I'm south near Buda.

bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    A "bit political" ( I read the Forum Rules and don't think this is prohibited) but the history of American national politics is to "throw the Rascals out" every eight years. I figure we have 4-5 years to stock up on ammo and reloading supplies. An anti-gun party controlling the White House and both houses of Congresses could severely limit online sales and "super tax" ammo (especially 5.56/.223 & 9mm) and supplies. The only potential protection would be the Supreme Court and it has its limitations as Congress does have the power to tax. At 74 it is much easier for me to stock up anticipated needed supplies and ammo than you 40 year olds :-) Deavis you are a generous fellow. I can see the need for co-op purchasing as things progress especially when there are good discounts, rebates, free shipping and free hazmat shipping.

Mike aka "bowzette"- was my best buddy for 17 years

Top Bottom