skeleton2.jpg

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

IF anyone wants a DEADLY ACCURATE, "competition grade" bolt-action .22 MILITARY TRAINING RIFLE from the PRE-RVN period (I would GUESS about 1955-60.), a vendor at the SAXET show today at the San Antonio Event Center had "your treat". = Made by H&R & 300.oo plus tax. - It comes with two ten-round magazines. Had a VERY HANDSOME Black Walnut stock, too.
    (FWIW, when I was a boarding school cadet in the mid-1960s, I saw Cadet CPT Mike Brown shoot a 48 of 50 or BETTER target MANY TIMES with his "pet" H&R .22 target rifle, that looked just like this one. = The H&R training rifles were DESIGNED to train neophyte snipers/trainees & to WIN rimfire shooting matches.)

Presuming that the rifle did not sell today (SAT 02JAN21) after I left the show about 1600 hours, the vendor is very near the #6 pole.
    (The poles in the Event Center are numbered at the top of each pole, very near the ceiling.)

I overheard the seller tell another "buyer" that he would refund every dime, "- - - - if you are UNHAPPY with how accurate that the rifle is with match ammo." & that he would NOT sell the rifle, except that, "- - - my eyes have done BAD on me".
    (HOW VERY WELL do I understand his comment. = I do NOT see open sights well at all these days, with these 74YO eyes. = I've now HAD to scope all my hunting rifles, so that I can see to continue hunting. = !@#$%^!)

yours, satx

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I want a pump action 22 but I don’t know much about them. As a youngun in the early 90’s there was an older gentleman in our church that had me over several times to do some plinking and he had one. I’ve always wanted one but never researched them enough to really know what I want.

So, what should I get and why?

I got a lot of polymer in 2020, 2021 will be the year of wood guns.
    My dad gave me his 1929 Savage pump when I was 10, loved that gun and gave it to my son, I still shoot it when I visit!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    To All,

IF anyone wants a DEADLY ACCURATE, "competition grade" bolt-action .22 MILITARY TRAINING RIFLE from the PRE-RVN period (I would GUESS about 1955-60.), a vendor at the SAXET show today at the San Antonio Event Center had "your treat". = Made by H&R & 300.oo plus tax. - It comes with two ten-round magazines. Had a VERY HANDSOME Black Walnut stock, too.
    (FWIW, when I was a boarding school cadet in the mid-1960s, I saw Cadet CPT Mike Brown shoot a 48 of 50 or BETTER target MANY TIMES with his "pet" H&R .22 target rifle, that looked just like this one. = The H&R training rifles were DESIGNED to train neophyte snipers/trainees & to WIN rimfire shooting matches.)

Presuming that the rifle did not sell today (SAT 02JAN21) after I left the show about 1600 hours, the vendor is very near the #6 pole.
    (The poles in the Event Center are numbered at the top of each pole, very near the ceiling.)

I overheard the seller tell another "buyer" that he would refund every dime, "- - - - if you are UNHAPPY with how accurate that the rifle is with match ammo." & that he would NOT sell the rifle, except that, "- - - my eyes have done BAD on me".
    (HOW VERY WELL do I understand his comment. = I do NOT see open sights well at all these days, with these 74YO eyes. = I've now HAD to scope all my hunting rifles, so that I can see to continue hunting. = !@#$%^!)

yours, satx

Saw your post and decided to go check this out. Got up early and drove down from Round Rock and arrived at opening. Went to pole 6 area and could find no one there selling this rifle. Gradually went around and round in ever widening circles and could not find this thing. After an hour an a half of looking I gave up and headed back home. I sure could have used this special weapon in my safe. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Pretty sad gun show in my opinion. Saw some of the .22's discussed here in the $1500 to $2k range.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Saw your post and decided to go check this out. Got up early and drove down from Round Rock and arrived at opening. Went to pole 6 area and could find no one there selling this rifle. Gradually went around and round in ever widening circles and could not find this thing. After an hour an a half of looking I gave up and headed back home. I sure could have used this special weapon in my safe. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Pretty sad gun show in my opinion. Saw some of the .22's discussed here in the $1500 to $2k range.

lightflyer1,

SORRY TO HEAR THAT. = IF my eyes were still GOOD, I would have quickly bought the .22 rifle myself.
    (Being an EOF, "ain't for sissies".)
    The H&R must have sold after I left yesterday afternoon, as it was NO farther from "pole #6" than 15-20 feet.
    (Fyi, I was "pretty sure" that there would be at least ONE shooter, who would buy the H&R target rifle this weekend. = That rifle was a SCREAMING BARGAIN, imVho. = When WWW.ODCMP.COM had a FEW of those for sale at The North Store, YEARS AGO, the rifles were at least 250.OO plus S&H.)

yours, satx

Ibmikey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2014
    East Texas
    The old Winchester 1890 and 1906 (plus later updated released), the Rem model 12 and if you can find one Colt Lightning .22 are the real pumps The Henry is a good pump for today, built well ( yes locktite the screws on the wooden forearm). i have all of these and the 1890 ( now reclined as I wore originalnore smooth) is the most durable and fun to shoot but they now command astronomical prices for a used one.

Top Bottom