• ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Model 62 refinished 30 years ago.
    At sometime in its life before my Dad got it someone put a crappy bolt through the stock. I thought it added to what it was so it didn’t get changed out. I acquired the gun on my 7th birthday.
    EDF49124-075F-401F-A563-9BE801AFF578.jpeg
    EF1B9071-8D17-4E21-97D8-D5BD76128B05.jpeg
    Texas SOT

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Revisiting this old thread because I was at Academy yesterday and noticed the Rossi gallery gun on the sales rack. I’ve read a few mentions of the Rossi on this thread, but nothing performance related except one poster noted a problem with jambing. I’d be interested to hear more feedback on the new Rossi’s if anyone has other first hand experience with them. The one at Academy was blued with a wood stock, similar color and grain as the Rossi .357 trapper guns.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Revisiting this old thread because I was at Academy yesterday and noticed the Rossi gallery gun on the sales rack. I’ve read a few mentions of the Rossi on this thread, but nothing performance related except one poster noted a problem with jambing. I’d be interested to hear more feedback on the new Rossi’s if anyone has other first hand experience with them. The one at Academy was blued with a wood stock, similar color and grain as the Rossi .357 trapper guns.

Hey Grumps21, if you stay away from doors the jambing issue will go away, now jamming is something else. LOL, sorry could not resist!

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Hey Grumps21, if you stay away from doors the jambing issue will go away, now jamming is something else. LOL, sorry could not resist!
    Ah-ha, I see what you did there. Good catch. I’ll leave it as to serve as a learning moment for those like myself who apply the phonetics incorrectly. This was clearly a there/their/they’re moment for me. ;)

fishermen0105

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Belton
    Model 62 refinished 30 years ago.
    At sometime in its life before my Dad got it someone put a crappy bolt through the stock. I thought it added to what it was so it didn’t get changed out. I acquired the gun on my 7th birthday. View attachment 241183 View attachment 241184
    Nice rifle. I have the replica Rossi 22 from the 80s.. cool rifles to plunk with. Might have to track down a Winchester to go with it one day. Can’t beat a John browning designed rifle.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I've always wanted a Remington 572 Fieldmaster. For some reason I've just never got around to getting one. There's usually been one on the shelf when I was buying something else.; when just looking around, I've never come across one.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    May go to Range USA today and get the Rossi rs22 that is on sale.
    Can never have too many .22's.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It kind of depends on what you want it for.
    I bought a model 61 a couple years ago, because, like you, I just always wanted a pump .22. It’s a great gun, but with the 24” barrel, it didn’t give me that gallery gun feel that I wanted. It would make a great squirrel gun.
    In 2020, it was my year of wood guns. I picked up the 1906, then my son bought an 1890. Next, a Colt Lightning.22, then the son found a 1906 expert.
    They are all very cool, but very different. This nasty looking 1906 with a barrel that looks like a sewer pipe is my favorite.

View attachment 239022
    I must have had a variant of the 61, from GrandPa. It had a shorter bbl & a full-length tube mag. It was my “everything gun’ during times when duck & dove seasons were closed. From my boyhood memory, it was perfect. When GrandPa died, my nephew got it, then “lost” it. I had a Remington & an Anschutz of my own, but always took the 61.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I tried the Henry pump.
    Couple of things I didn’t care for.
    1.) it was a beotch to pump. Took a lot of strength to cycle it. Think gorilla arm. Small stature shooters will struggle with it.
    2.) the screws holding on the forearm kept working loose. Most likely due to the amount of force it took to pump it. You’ll need to Loctite them.
    Gun shot well. Cycled all different 22 ammo. Even rat shot.
    Accurate.
    No loose screws on mine, wish it would slick up a bit tho.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    No loose screws on mine, wish it would slick up a bit tho.
    The problem with Henry's pump is that its built from many of the same parts as their lever action rifles, a pump has much less mechanical advantage than a lever.

Even then a purpose built .22 pump isn't the slickest of actions, at least in my experience

Top Bottom