• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I have bought brass and projectiles from American Reloading, but never powder. I saw they have one available, MP651, that they claim is similar in burn rate to Superformance. I know a lot of people who aren’t fans of that powder, but I love it. Was considering buying 8lbs, but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with that powder, or any of the powders they offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I don't know which ones off hand but I probably have 3-4 8 pounders in the reloading room. I start with their recommended loads and go from there, good deals and good powder.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    At about $28 a lb for the pull-down powder, I figured I would look and see what Superformance is going for since it use to be one of the less expensive ones anyway. It’s now $50 a lb! Some of the other Hodgedon powders are well over $60! Gonna go ahead and order some from American Reloading.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    They do good volume in the pull down market and have been stand up guys at the OEM level to us. Give it a go and report back.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    They do good volume in the pull down market and have been stand up guys at the OEM level to us. Give it a go and report back.

Doing load development in 6.5 creedmoor with some 140 grain Barnes bullets. Only load info I had was what they had on the label, which was 45 grains, so I started about 5% below that. Ended up being way too slow, so I went back the other day and ran some loads up to 47 grains. The groups started tightening up, and the velocity numbers weren’t too bad. Still a little slow at 2500 fps, but the group was just over 1/2” and the SD for 5 shots was 9. Still no signs of pressure, so I’m gonna try and go shoot another round tomorrow, and try to get the velocities closer to 2700, as long as I’m still not showing any signs of pressure. Gonna test some with magnum primers as well.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I haven't bought anything from American Reloading in years, but I do have several 8lb jugs of take down powder's from them in the commercial version's of 4064, H335, and BL-C2. They all work fine.
    I have a local source that I get take down powder's & primer's from. I bought 10k Federal LR Match primer's and 20 lbs of the commercial version of Power Pro 2000 really cheap the last time I needed some.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom