• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sakorey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2024
    Kingsville
    Just got one in trade not too long ago and I'm liking it more than I thought I would. I've had gas piston AR's before so I expected the weight but it ended up being way front heavier than I expected it to be. Any one else have any thoughts or issues they've had with theirs that they'd like to share?
    20240615_214436.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I haven’t played with one but PSA seems to have done an excellent job with these. It’s on my list but not high enough priority right now. Enjoy!

After watching Garand Thumb's video, I am intrigued!

I am not in the market for another rifle at the moment, but I might change my mind if I ever get a chance to shoot a Jakl!

It appears his only comments against it were the AR already has a large, well developed support structure behind it making a niche rifle like this slightly less appealing.

Otherwise, he was pretty impressed by it!

PSA is continually knocking it out of the park lately!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

For example...

I have the 16-incher. For some reason there's no option to review that one. Anyway, this rifle is great. I've had it for a few months and have put almost 1000 rounds through it. If I go broke, it's because of this rifle. I never want to stop shooting it, so I have to remind myself each shot is 45 cents. Other than playing around with the gas setting, I've had no failures to feed or eject.

This rifle is exactly what I've been trying to find for years; it has all the features that make an AR great, and none of the AR features I hate. It's modular and most of the internals are AR parts so you can customize it to your needs. The angled stock and taller upper height make the top of the rifle sit higher so you don't need risers or look like you have a severe neck injury when using the optics. It has a side charging handle instead of the stupid rear one, and no buffer tube so you can store stuff in the folding stonk. There's some recoil but it's less than an AR.

I do have a few minor complaints. If I were to buy this again, I'd get the black anodized finish. The FDE looks amazing, but the cerakote isn't very durable. It's already starting to peel where the front of the charging handle hits the hand guard. I'll also be replacing the grip because it's too skinny for my fat hands and doesn't match the color of the rifle. Because of the overhead piston system, this rifle is very front-heavy so if you're a bit dainty, you might have a hard time keeping it up. The front sling QD is too far back for my liking so I mounted a magpul QD to the rail. The trigger is crisp with a shirt reset and very little creep, but it's on the heavier side so I'll probably change it eventually.

For the price, this is an amazing rifle and it's my new favorite. It's not perfect, but that's part of what makes it great!

First off, We've all wanted a SCAR and/or an ACR at some point in the last 15-20 years. I also have extensive intimacy with the SCAR (and know what I don't like about it), and the JAKL addresses those SCAR quirks!

Secondly, they took all of our favorite features from our favorite rifles and made a hybrid rifle that is sleeker, aesthetically on point, and more affordable (and available)! Within 10 minutes of holding and shooting it, you instantly fall in love!
    PSA NAILED IT WITH THIS PRODUCT!

As usual PSA brings the absolute best firearms to the public, they manufacture. Fit and finish is impeccable! Closely resembles the SCAR. just as well built, but 1/3 the price. I have it outfitted with Sig Romeo and Juliet. Perfect set up and FDE match. Used my favorite Urban ERT Tactical sling. Installed a Mission First vertical fore grip, Talon grip wrap, Magpul MBUS flip sights and Olight Mini Odin. Excellent tactical ready rifle

I won't speak on reliability yet as I haven't ran many rounds through it but so far so good.

Good recoil impulse, Adjustable gas block, non reciprocating charging handle that is easily switched to either side. Great looking imo, very accurate with my experience using aac 77gr otm (between 1-2moa, cleaner than a DI AR

Cons- little front heavy but manageable

Stock while it looks amazing and is usable.. it leaves a little to be desired for quality.

Overall I am very happy so far and looking forward to using it a lot more

sakorey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2024
    Kingsville
    After watching Garand Thumb's video, I am intrigued!

I am not in the market for another rifle at the moment, but I might change my mind if I ever get a chance to shoot a Jakl!

It appears his only comments against it were the AR already has a large, well developed support structure behind it making a niche rifle like this slightly less appealing.

Otherwise, he was pretty impressed by it!

PSA is continually knocking it out of the park lately!
    I pulled the trigger to move forward with the trade after watching Flannel Daddy's video! As you mentioned, it looked like the only negative points he had to say is that between the AR platform and the JAKL, the AR has a lot more support from the industry. Outside of that, nothing negative at all. I'm itching to take it to the range.

Top Bottom