• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Best alternative to blue locktite is vibratite vc3. Unfortunately the bottles suck so after a week or two it's drying out.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I still say the orange. It holds 3x better than blue but has never given me any trouble taking stuff apart. It's on every scope, red dot mount, holds every chassis screw on an rdb. Stuff has been great.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    I still say the orange. It holds 3x better than blue but has never given me any trouble taking stuff apart. It's on every scope, red dot mount, holds every chassis screw on an rdb. Stuff has been great.
    I stripped a screw attaches my red dot to the mount. Would this be a better option than a permanent bond red loc tite?

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I second vibratite vc3 as well but I've also used the blue on scope screws. The vc3 can be applied and allowed to dry, it performs like epoxy car makers use on some bolts. The claim it's reusable as well, don't always need to reapply. If you're dealing with a stripped one, I'd see if it was possible to install a slightly longer screw to grab good thread, isn't always possible but saved me some headaches on cars over the years.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I stripped a screw attaches my red dot to the mount. Would this be a better option than a permanent bond red loc tite?
    Red can be a bitch sometimes. I've never had the orange give me any trouble even using Chinese Amazon stuff. It's also been in the garage in a toolbox for over a year and not dried up. Just used some this week putting a scope on a lever action.

Top Bottom