• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Years ago I started with a S&W Bodyguard .380 acp. Trigger is like 13+ pounds and kicks like hell. Carry it sometimes but don't recommend with such a heavy trigger. Smallest I carry is a KelTec P32 with .32 acp that I load with Lehigh Defense. That's the smallest I would carry. Also like a Ruger lcr in .38 special, Glock 43, Glock 26, S&W Shield 9mm and believe it or not a Taurus G2c.
    You will probably end up with multiple carry guns. Nice to be able to try before you buy. The one thing I hate about Academy is that they won't even let you rack and dry fire.
    DK Firearms

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Congrats.
    As long as you can shoot it accurately, something is better than nothing.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    ^This but: I read a news article recently about a police shooting that involved the officer shooting a perp 7 times and the perp lives still. Most P.D.s don't use less that a 9mm. Why would I carry something that only wounds? - just saying....

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    The OP must have used the RG to pass his test, so he is good to go.
    6 months from now,
    latest

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    ^This but: I read a news article recently about a police shooting that involved the officer shooting a perp 7 times and the perp lives still. Most P.D.s don't use less that a 9mm. Why would I carry something that only wounds? - just saying....
    And then there is the Florida cop that shot a bad guy over 15 times, over half head and torso hits, with .45 HPs and he not only lived but almost killed the cop. Does that mean we should all carry a .50 cal?
    With ANY caliber, a brain stem shot will put anyone down NOW. Maybe a central nervous system shot in the chest.
    Heart, artery, a couple other places will kill anyone. Eventually. But that person can still hurt you or others.
    Anything else is a question mark. The biggest question from both sides, is how determined are you?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    It’s been about 3 weeks and I still don’t even have that screen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You do have to log in to get that screen. I'm assuming you're logging in? What browser are you using? I can see mine with Chrome and Brave browsers. But only on desktop PC - only machine I've even tried on.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    There have been people shot 7 times with a .45 and lived...........

Some assholes are just lucky...............
    Guy i went to high school with walked into an armed robbery in progress. Everyone was already face down on the floor when he walked in so he ended up likewise right at the front door. Everyone complied with the bandits and they got everything they were after. On their way out, for no reason at all, the last thug out the door turned and shot my friend point blank in the head with a 45 as he lay face down on the floor. He survived with no serious head injuries and only a disfigured head from the blast.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    You do have to log in to get that screen. I'm assuming you're logging in? What browser are you using? I can see mine with Chrome and Brave browsers. But only on desktop PC - only machine I've even tried on.

Actually it’s only been 2 weeks. Yeah I’m logging in on Chrome. My daughter and I did everything at the same time and she has the same screen as I do so maybe it’s just gonna take longer to show up. I wouldn’t mind the waiting, if I at least knew they had all the documentation they needed. I got emails back confirming receipt after I sent the documents in so I’m sure I’m fine.

Last edited:

txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    Actually it’s only been 2 weeks. Yeah I’m logging in on Chrome. My daughter and I did everything at the same time and she has the same screen as I do so maybe it’s just gonna take longer to show up. I wouldn’t mind the waiting, if I at least knew they had all the documentation they needed. I got emails back confirming receipt after I sent the documents in so I’m sure I’m fine.

i also did not get the detailed screen for a couple weeks, then one day it popped up and the status was ”waiting to print” or whatever it says... seems like they waited until that point to update everything online...perhaps yours is the same :)

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Finally got my license to carry! I'm temporarily carrying a small RG .22 six shooter. I do want either a Beretta Cheetah in .32 or .380 acp, or APX 9mm, either compact or the carry version. Recommendations?
    In Berettas and other makes I tend to shoot 32acps more accurately and consistently when under stress than most other calibers so my most common primary carry is a 32acp. Among my Beretta 32acps though I have found my New Puma gets carried most often followed by my 1935 Puma. My Cheetah and Tomcat get out for WalkAbout only on special occasions.

New Puma (model 70):
    standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Puma (model 1935):
    standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    yeah, as noted earlier the very first thing I did was register on line with DPS then over the ensuing weeks I started completing the requirements. That probably allowed DPS to get my file built such that when the data started coming in it could be displayed.

Seven7VII

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2020
    Williamson County
    Lol. "Something that only wounds" You sound like you're part of the magical bullet crowd.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Mine is still at "Your license has been mailed.", as of about 2 weeks ago.
    Call'em as in call DPS - LTC division. Could of gotten lost in the mail.... wait..what was I thinking. U.S.P.S. is 100% reliable - silly me.

Reactions: TXP

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Mine is still at "Your license has been mailed.", as of about 2 weeks ago.
    Sign up for USPS informed delivery so you can check your mail and see what is coming and what was supposed to be delivered for I believe 1 week back.

Top Bottom