• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    What's your favorite protein shake recipe?

I like strawberry shakes. For my favorite, the recipe follows.

If you're not diabetic, use:
    • as much baby spinach as you can pack into the bottom couple of inches of a blender (optional),
    • a full serving of the best-tasting strawberry-flavored protein powder you can find,
    • 1/2 container of soft tofu,
    • juice of one lemon (optional),
    • 1 lb of frozen strawberries, and
    • 12 to 16 oz of orange juice.
    Put these ingredients in a blender in the order specified, with the spinach on the bottom. Failing to stack the ingredients properly will strongly work against your ability to blend the ingredients.

Blend till smooth.

Enjoy.

Note: This mixture is thick enough to kill normal blenders. If you bought it at Walmart, you'll just get to smell up your kitchen with the unmistakable odor of a burned-out electric motor. You need a strong bar blender, a VitaMix, or something similar that has a horsepower rating on the label. If it won't blend gravel, it's not strong enough. :)

If you're diabetic, substitute ice for the strawberries and water for the orange juice. The flavor will be flat so the lemon juice is mandatory if you do this substitution. Even then, It won't taste nearly as good but it'll do in a pinch.
    I’m going to have to try this. I like almond milk, chocolate protein, a banana, and half a scoop of powdered peanut butter. You should try powdered peanut butter from Costco, it’s so easy to add flavor to existing recipes.

Does throwing a medium rare steak in the blender count? :laughing:
    LOL

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Fair Life protein shakes are pretty hard to beat. They come in several flavors and they're about a dollar and a quarter per bottle ($15 for 12 count) at Sam's. I think they have about 20 grams of protein per bottle - sorry, I don't have one with me right now to check.
    I drink one for breakfast in the morning and it holds me until well after noon.

I made blueberry, yogurt, milk, and fiber shakes every morning for several decades. Nowadays I want something simple that I can just pull out of the fridge and twist the top!

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Fair Life protein shakes are pretty hard to beat. They come in several flavors and they're about a dollar and a quarter per bottle ($15 for 12 count) at Sam's. I think they have about 20 gramsof protein per bottle - sorry, I don't have one with me right now to check.
    I drink one for breakfast in the morning and it holds me until well after noon.
    I actually drink those after work outs!! Living in a small town I don't really find that anyone has the protein I used to drink so I switched to something easy to get. :)

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    What's your favorite protein shake recipe?

I like strawberry shakes. For my favorite, the recipe follows.

If you're not diabetic, use:
    • as much baby spinach as you can pack into the bottom couple of inches of a blender (optional),
    • a full serving of the best-tasting strawberry-flavored protein powder you can find,
    • 1/2 container of soft tofu,
    • juice of one lemon (optional),
    • 1 lb of frozen strawberries, and
    • 12 to 16 oz of orange juice.
    Put these ingredients in a blender in the order specified, with the spinach on the bottom. Failing to stack the ingredients properly will strongly work against your ability to blend the ingredients.

Blend till smooth.

Enjoy.

Note: This mixture is thick enough to kill normal blenders. If you bought it at Walmart, you'll just get to smell up your kitchen with the unmistakable odor of a burned-out electric motor. You need a strong bar blender, a VitaMix, or something similar that has a horsepower rating on the label. If it won't blend gravel, it's not strong enough. :)

If you're diabetic, substitute ice for the strawberries and water for the orange juice. The flavor will be flat so the lemon juice is mandatory if you do this substitution. Even then, It won't taste nearly as good but it'll do in a pinch.
    I'm not allowed spinach or Tofu; other than that it looks great!!

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I’m going to have to try this. I like almond milk, chocolate protein, a banana, and half a scoop of powdered peanut butter. You should try powdered peanut butter from Costco, it’s so easy to add flavor to existing recipes.

LOL
    If Costco has powdered peanut butter in my area I'll go renew my membership.

I like PB2 powder and would like to have a quantity for food storage.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    I still think the Robert Greene protein bars from Costco are the only ones I can eat every day and not get tired of. Costco also sells Fairlife 30g chocolate protein shakes that are very good

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    @benenglish
    Sorry in just saw this
    I should be in this forum more often

When I got my certification from NASM as a Nutrition Coach I got a nice PDF recipe book for protein shakes and smoothies
    Anyone who wants it emailed to them, just DM me your email address and I'll send it to you

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Grab your favorite fast food Shake any flavor dosent matter then reach for a bag of jerky. No mixing needed and it's Instant mega protein.
    It's just 300 plus calories of sugars ....so ..there is that..

Top Bottom