Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This thread is for Babylon Bee satire.

The "Californians Move to Texas" series of videos has become so popular, especially with this audience, that they're being endlessly reposted in new, redundant threads.

From now on, post new installments in this thread. Other threads started to post those videos will be deleted unless they also contain some really useful, thoughtful text that should be preserved.

While we're at it, if there are other Babylon Bee satires that you think are especially good, feel free to post them here and repost them in the "Funny Picture - Video Thread III" thread, too.
    ARJ Defense ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Unless they change their minds, that's the end of the CA to TX series.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Manly men don't adjust the thermostat....they light a fire in the fireplace and start up the grill.
    I wake up cold, needing to piss, and put another log on the fire... never sure whether it was the thermostat or volume switch that woke me up, but I always piss first...

Usually, I just feel old and stupid, but from now on at least in public, I'm gonna claim manly.

We may laugh now........but at some point .gov will be setting our thermostats.......
    About the same time they outlaw wood burning, probably.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    We may laugh now........but at some point .gov will be setting our thermostats.......
    I have no issue with the utility company using a smart meter to read my usage as long as they don't control my usage. The utility sent a notice to me several months ago after detecting a constant water leak. I only saw a total of water used per billing cycle on the monthly bill. This enabled me to locate and repair the leak. During two recent storms when electric power was lost the meter notified the utility of the outage while I was sleeping.

However I have read some utilities have controlled thermostats of customers, limiting use of air conditioning during hot weather. As long as I pay my bill on the date due, they should not have the ability to control my usage.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Here’s some matches, go set yourself on fire.

342316ef47fd105462407071078c10b2.png

Top Bottom