• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Title pretty much covers it. Why would one buy a Tavor and/or is there any specific reason for someone not to buy this bullpup (other than the high price)? I know nothing about them. Pictures and opinions welcome (especially from someone who owns or has owned one).

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    http://bullpupforum.com

Had a Tavor - liked it but they were slow delivering on the 300 Blackout. I was out of it long before it could do what I wanted it to.

I gave you the link 'cause there are a couple bullpups I'd bring home before the Tavor. One is the Kel Tec RDB-C. But my top pick would be the K&M M17S. All your questions have been asked, answered and beaten to death at the bullpup forum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    http://bullpupforum.com

Had a Tavor - liked it but they were slow delivering on the 300 Blackout. I was out of it long before it could do what I wanted it to.

I gave you the link 'cause there are a couple bullpups I'd bring home before the Tavor. One is the Kel Tec RDB-C. But my top pick would be the K&M M17S. All your questions have been asked, answered and beaten to death at the bullpup forum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

By bullpup forum are you talking about a completely different forum or something on TGT. Cant' we beat them to death a little more? :green:
    Ahhh! Reread your post, thanks for the link.

yakdung

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Texas
    I have my sights on a Tavor 7 (308) if they ever release the damn thing. Hope it isn't vaporware.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I almost got one over my sig mcx. I'm glad I didn't. The triggers are just awful. I get it...Its a bullpup thing. The mag release I didn't mind. In a way I could see myself liking it. The trigger pack is very modular. I think I will still buy one just for collecting. I'm very happy with my mcx hybrid. I'm not stuck with having to use specialty trigger groups. As it uses a sig m400 lower its configured to take any mil spec hammer length.

The tavor line is definitely cool but I can't say it exceeds or sometimes even meets the standards my go to guns have.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    It good, very good. Get the X 95, got some improvements. What I like about it is that IWI and IDF are hand in glove and extensive testing and R&D went into the Tavor, then after it was being fielded and more feedback from the end users they came out with the X 95.

Another plus is its a long bbl rifle in a short bbl footprint due to the Bullpup design.

In talking with soldier in the IDF from Infantry to SF they all loved it. It was made for CQC in the cities, easy to use, very ergonomic and I found that even as a AR user since '67 I had no issue picking up the weapon and using it, its a very quick learning curve.

img_0129_med.jpg

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    I have the ODG X95 and love it! Bought mainly out of curiosity, but as a defensive weapon I much prefer it over the AR or AK. For hunting, I prefer the flexibility of the AR, although I did drill a running coyote with the X95 w/Mepro Red Dot at just under 100 yards. Shot just over it on 1st shot, just in front on 2nd shot, then tumbled it with 3rd. The controls took a little getting used to of course but not difficult at all. It has a permanent home now, I’d get rid of an AR or AK before parting with it.
    ee6e84145f4c45fe6c3cd8b88444ea5f.jpg

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I've got a Tavor SAR and for me, it's a gift from the gun gods. Is it perfect, not in the least. But, almost in the same breath, I would say I finally have a semi auto 5.56/.223 rifle that I'm fairly comfortable with and most importantly, one I can actually use.

Yup, the trigger sucks. But that is a simple, albeit not cheap, fix. Yup, the mag. release is kinda funky. But, easy enough to get use to. Balance and general handling though, are phenomenal for me. Easy to shoulder one handed, and keep it there. And keep it on target.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Jigo and Byrd, with you 100%.

Its not an AR. In an all out SHTF it would be my go to here in the Hill Country or in a Jungle or city, where you need fast maneuverability with your weapon and with a strong arm its def a one hander for that shoot and scoot, doge and weave or while you are trying to find cover and concealment.

And yea, the trigger ain't the best, but for a combat rifle its as good as any off the rack AR.

I would tell our military to take a HARD look at what IWI has done, I also so NO reasons why an AR cannot be in this format.

Here is a good read.

Why the IDF Chose the TAVOR® Over the M4
    https://iwi.us/why-the-idf-chose-the-tavor-over-the-m4/

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Here is a good read.

Why the IDF Chose the TAVOR Over the M4
    https://iwi.us/why-the-idf-chose-the-tavor-over-the-m4/

Interesting! Very surprising to read that the TAVOR is actually 1/2 pound heavier than the M4, never actually compared the specs on paper but would have never guessed that at all! It certainly feels much lighter to me, but makes sense about all the weight being in the rear at the shoulder.
    Those folks fight for their very existence every day, good enough for them good enough for me.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Interesting! Very surprising to read that the TAVOR is actually 1/2 pound heavier than the M4, never actually compared the specs on paper but would have never guessed that at all! It certainly feels much lighter to me, but makes sense about all the weight being in the rear at the shoulder.
    Those folks fight for their very existence every day, good enough for them good enough for me.
    Yea, all the weight is towards the rear and you can tuck under your armpit and one hand it for sure.

Luigimoto

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Tejas
    Wish I liked mine as much as everyone else seems to like theirs. To me it is just OK. It’s plastiky and heavy and has a crappy trigger. Even with the Geissele trigger pack, I shoot my ARs more often. It’s actually the rifle I shoot the least. I really tried to like it, even took a carbine class with it. Wish I had not bought it. Shoot one before committing. They aren’t for everyone.
    338DFBEA-A065-41ED-B839-74FC7A3EAA2C.jpeg

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I went RDB mainly for 2 reasons - I am a lefty and the trigger is better. That said, it had to go back to Kel Tec 2X to get it right. I was on the list and have an early model. Other guys on the KT forum have had 0 issues with them.

16" barrel in a compact package that takes AR mags, what is not to like?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom