• ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Carbon monoxide!

You cant use radiant heat propane heaters indoors. Only indoor safe catalyst heaters with co detectors and low oxygen shut off sensors.

Tell that to my grandparents. A radiant heater in the main room, coffee can of water on it for humidity. They can be used, WITH PROPER VENTILATION!!!
    Lynx Defense

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Did someone say propane?

hank01.jpeg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    OP.....Thanks Guys turns out I couldn't have had enough propane cylinders or gas for the genny to make it for the 16 days we were out of power anyway.
    No danger of my place being 'too tight' for sure :)
    Next year's 2022 right gotta be better :(

Or is it “2020-2”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    My grandparents used an unvented Dearborne propane heater for years. I lived in a house with an unvented Dearborne propane heater for a couple of years. How is it different from natural gas? Does it emit more carbon monoxide than NG?
    No, the CO comes from Carbon burned in the absence of sufficient combustion oxygen to make CO2. You need roughly 3 molecules of NG to equal the heat and C of one molecule of Propane. Numbers work out the same.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read awhile back when we we're building our house about insulation. A insulation company did a pressure test on various homes- new and old. Article said most older homes built is the 40s-70s had a draft rating equivalent of a full size window being left open. Which I found profound. That's a serious draft. The article also said some of the newer homes are being built extremely tight. With maybe a baseball sized hole for a draft.

I would venture to say, some of these old drafty homes has probably saved some folks lives without them knowing it.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I read awhile back when we we're building our house about insulation. A insulation company did a pressure test on various homes- new and old. Article said most older homes built is the 40s-70s had a draft rating equivalent of a full size window being left open. Which I found profound. That's a serious draft. The article also said some of the newer homes are being built extremely tight. With maybe a baseball sized hole for a draft.

I would venture to say, some of these old drafty homes has probably saved some folks lives without them knowing it.

I can believe it, the 2015 IRC says 3 air changes per hour. In the EU they are down to .5 air changes per hour. I could only imagine the cost to build a new home to .5 air changes per hour. Thats some thick tight walls. But im sure the energy efficiency is phenomenal.

jak

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    Centerville, tx
    Carbon monoxide!

Indoor safe heaters only. Propane whole home forced air heaters are proper vented but sometimes still do kill whole families if the vents for the burners are obstructed.

You cant use radiant heat propane heaters indoors. Only indoor safe catalyst heaters with co detectors and low oxygen shut off sensors.
    One side effect of those catalytic burners is water put into the air. I removed mine after mold formed on my interior walls because of it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom