• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have a friend who is active duty Air Force who just got sent to Qatar for a deployment and will be gone for several months. He is a fine young fellow and I have sort of adopted him into my family. Before he left, he ask me to store his meager firearm collection. One 9mm pistol and a complete lower. I ask him about the lower and he said it was a gift from a friend and he hoped someday to make a complete rifle out of it.

I know he likes to shoot, I took him out to my range before he left for his deployment and let him shoot an AR and 1911 of mine and he had a blast. He is in logistics so in the military he doesn’t normally get to carry a weapon or stand a post.

My idea and I wanted to share it with the forum was to build his gun for him while he is gone and present it to him as a surprise when he gets back.

What do you guys think about us taking the next few months and piecing together a range ready, functioning weapon?

What we have to start with is a fully functioning lower with a 4 position stock.
    Target Sports

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Hmmm. Off the top of my head, I’ve got a PSA EPT fire control group if you want to swap that out for a smoother trigger action.

I *think* I’ve got a set of magpul BUIS or a TRS-25 as well.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Okay, let me just say that I don’t have the tools to put a barrel onto an upper so if we piece together an upper, I’ll need some help in that area. I may have to send the parts out to one of you guys for assembly

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    What an awesome idea

We could build it affordably using donations and PSA sales...bonus is that they basically use PMAGs as packing peanuts

I’m willing to chip-in and help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Okay, let me just say that I don’t have the tools to put a barrel onto an upper so if we piece together an upper, I’ll need some help in that area. I may have to send the parts out to one of you guys for assembly

Build party at the Oct reunion? Or would that be too late?

PM where to send the EPT FCG if that ^^ won’t work out.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    .......and a couple AR tools to put the pieces together.
    Build party at the Oct reunion? Or would that be too late?
    I can do the assembly if you want, your call. Stetson is closer if he can do it.

Could knock it out at the reunion IF Dawico has a vise mounted in his dually. Really gotta have a vise to properly torque the barrel nut.

The range MAY have a vise that they would let us use. Wouldnt hurt to ask.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I can do the assembly if you want, your call. Stetson is closer if he can do it.

Could knock it out at the reunion IF Dawico has a vise mounted in his dually. Really gotta have a vise to properly torque the barrel nut.

The range MAY have a vise that they would let us use. Wouldnt hurt to ask.

We could also have a build party one weekend in Abilene. That’s almost the middle of the state.

Top Bottom