Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Having family history and deep roots is great. Congrats.

However, those things don't change the fact that you cannot deny entry to your land to all except "a sworn peace officer...on official duty". I was just pointing out that minor factual error in post #38.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mexican_Hippie,

Fyi, ALL of the TX Game Wardens ARE sworn TX police officers & hold TCLOSE certificates.
    (Btw, our local GW has keys to our gates AND he has keys to my farm house. - He & I went to school together & his dad was my GF's best buddy.)

Note: Unlike a lot of States, TX has numerous sorts of "sworn" state personnel like: Fire Marshals, TABC agents/inspectors, TDA special agents, Park Rangers/Police, FWD patrolmen, Arson Investigators, State narcotics agents, TAG special agents, TIPRO agents, TSWCRA detectives, Judicial Security Officers, ISD Police, TRRC agents, Railroad agents & a BUNCH of others kinds of LEOs.
    In TX, IF you are a public employee OR are employed by one of the several "politically-connected private concerns" (Like TIPRO & the TSWCRA) and have a regulatory/code/law enforcement responsibilities, you are LIKELY also "sworn in".

yours, tex

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL:

While this is "off topic", it is in response to 2 messages from members who wondered "What the H are you talking about?", so a HISTORICAL NOTE (rather than starting a new topic for one comment):

Between about 1810-1840 there were at least TWO (some historians say THREE) "other republics", within the geographical boundary of modern Texas AND that "joined with" The Republic of Texas several years AFTER the Revolution:
    1. The Caddoian Republic (1819-40), which was " a successor state to The Republic of Freedonia" in the area approximately east of Hwy 59/259 & the Sabine River & claimed all the land from about where James Bowie is, south to about where Kilgore now is.
    and
    2. The Republic of the Rio Grande (1830-42) that encompassed the large area between the Nueces River and the Rio Grande/Rio Bravo.

Both "republics" had a Capitol City, President, Congress, Flag, National Anthem, National Motto and other "identifiers" of independent nations. The Caddoian Republic even had 3 armed gun-boats, one on Caddo Lake & 2 more that patrolled the Sabine River, likely from 1820-38.

yours, tex

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I keep laminated stamped Form's 1 & 4 and Trust copies (not originals of course) in bolted and hidden "pistol" safes all my vehicles, both north Texas and west Texas residences, in the respective NFA item's case and in pdf format on my phone and on Dropbox (accessible from almost any device)...

Overkill? Yes.

For everyone? No.

Will I ever get caught out? Chances are very slim.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I take all the original Forms 1 or 4 and have them reduced 50% and laminated. I end up with something 1/4th the size of the printed page and which is durable and fits within the weapon case or range bag I may have with me. Most of the time when a range asks me for the forms, they just want to see that I have it, not actually read anything on it. They just want to be sure that if there is an LEO there and if the question is put to them, they can respond that "yes, he's got the tax form". I consider that a minimally invasive request on the part of a range operator/property owner. Some disagree.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Mexican_Hippie,

Fyi, ALL of the TX Game Wardens ARE sworn TX police officers & hold TCLOSE certificates.
    (Btw, our local GW has keys to our gates AND he has keys to my farm house. - He & I went to school together & his dad was my GF's best buddy.)

Missed this a while back.

I know. We used to interact with them all the time because we sold outfitted hunts for a living on one ranch we had. My point was just that they don't need a warrant to come on your property.

Top Bottom