ARJ Defense ad

Pro-Gun Bills Are Again Dead On Arrival As Speaker Will Appoint Dems To Key Committees

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Sorry guys, chill a little. Got an email from GOA with the committee assignments and a note that gun bills go to Homeland Security committee. It will be chaired by a Republican veteran from a more or less rural area. Surprise Surprise maybe we got a chance this time.

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Sorry guys, chill a little. Got an email from GOA with the committee assignments and a note that gun bills go to Homeland Security committee. It will be chaired by a Republican veteran from a more or less rural area. Surprise Surprise maybe we got a chance this time.
    And the Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee is 6/3 Republican so chances may be better than average this time. What committee do the Senate bills go to?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    So far today, per TLO, NO house activity of any kind. Senate has had some reapportioning meetings. House - nada.
    House is OFF til Feb 16th!!!

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    And the Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee is 6/3 Republican so chances may be better than average this time. What committee do the Senate bills go to?
    Anybody know anything about the members of this committee, especially the chairman?
    HScommitteeTH.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Anybody know anything about the members of this committee, especially the chairman?
    View attachment 244239

Pretty certain Vicki Godwin is the author/House sponsor of a few anti-2A bills this session, so I expect she’ll push for those bills to be heard by the committee, which I’m sure hers will be just to keep up appearances/relations on the committee.

Eddie Morales, too.

Reactions: gll

seaninftw

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    There is not a snowball's chance of getting term limits, any time, any where, never gonna happen, in Texas or federal. Not even worth spending the oxygen to discuss it !
    I have a family friend that went to school with Trump's SIL Jared Kushner. They are evidently close enough that he's been on private flights with him to "hang out"because he really couldn't say, even though it was just to party, but being discrete. The following is "allegedly" because I'm hearing this 2nd hand, but FWIW I've seen selfies of them together. He asked Jared about term limits and was told, he said "holy shit, do I have a story about that" and told him that the first week, Dem and Repub leadership from the senate and house had a meeting with Trump, and basically said if he went after term limits like he promised, that they would destroy him. so yeah, we aren't going to see term limits, even tough the last AP poll said 88% of voters approve of it.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    I have a family friend that went to school with Trump's SIL Jared Kushner. They are evidently close enough that he's been on private flights with him to "hang out"because he really couldn't say, even though it was just to party, but being discrete. The following is "allegedly" because I'm hearing this 2nd hand, but FWIW I've seen selfies of them together. He asked Jared about term limits and was told, he said "holy shit, do I have a story about that" and told him that the first week, Dem and Repub leadership from the senate and house had a meeting with Trump, and basically said if he went after term limits like he promised, that they would destroy him. so yeah, we aren't going to see term limits, even tough the last AP poll said 88% of voters approve of it.
    They don't give a shit what 88% of the voters want if it doesn't help them stay in their cushy scam jobs !

Top Bottom