Join TexasGunTalk

Private Sales and Universal Background Checks - gaining momentum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cporfe, May 24, 2019.

1. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    You're not biased because you quote left-leaning rags, you're biased because you're a liberal douchebag!

You'll fit in well in Austin, but be careful not to wander into the real Texas as with your attitude you're going to have a hard time spewing your leftist bullshit with a swollen lip.

Good riddance!

toddnjoyce and TheMailMan like this.
  2. Maverick44

Maverick44 Well-Known

May 5, 2016
    NE Texas
    All else aside, you know that posting about a topic you KNOW fully well is going to cause a shit show just because you want to run some kind of "social experiment" is basically trolling right? You wanted to elicit a response, and that's exactly what you got. Don't get upset because it happened exactly how it has happened in almost every thread ever made on this topic. Your posts lead me to believe that you saw the previous threads. You knew the response you were going to get before you ever made this thread.

Most forums would have banned you on the spot for that stunt. From what I've seen, this one is FAR FAR more forgiving in that regard. Though, I see that you've asked Vaquero to close your membership anyways. So long.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    majormadmax, Southpaw, Hoji and 2 others like this.
  3. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Spot on post!

jordanmills, Southpaw and Maverick44 like this.
  4. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Other states are doing it so it must be a great idea.........

Seems to be left leaning states that don't like freedom are the ones doing it. All the more reason for Texas not to.

Enjoy Austin. I'm sure you're fitting in just fine.

majormadmax and TheMailMan like this.
  5. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Or just go back to the left falling state you came from. Your views seem to be more in alignment with DC/ Northern Virginia than they do with Texas.

TheMailMan and Dawico like this.
  6. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    One thing I have noticed about people who clutch their BOS like an old catholic woman clutches her rosary is they all seem to have big.gov mentalities.

Ask yourself this;
    Do you trust big.gov?

These are folks that I inherently distrust and would never in a hundred lifetimes give them any personal information about me if I have the option not to.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Bithabus, Texasgordo, Charlie and 2 others like this.
  7. Sam7sf

Sam7sf TGT Addict

This is an issue I have with other republicans who say they are for something but are pro police state.

8. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I thought the QUOTING of material was deemed unacceptable??

Copyright violations: Cutting and pasting any external article content will no longer be permitted. If you care about TGT please don't do it. We can't afford to get shut down over a needless lawsuit and these legal firms are getting more aggressive about coming after site owners. So when you want to reference an article, you may post: 1) A link to the article. 2) The title of the article. 3) A brief summation in your own words of the article. 4) While quoting the first sentence of the article is probably reasonable under the doctrine of Fair Use, the practice should be avoided. Threads that violate this policy will be deleted without notice. Multiple infractions will draw a ban. The state of copyright law as it pertains to online use is in flux internationally and TGT will take a conservative approach.

Maverick44 likes this.
  9. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You are correct. However, the proper way to report it would have been to hit the report button. For this time, I'll do all this mod business out in the open. In the future, I'll respond to copyright callouts with no action other than advice to hit the report button.

Material on that site, according to their site rules, may not be reproduced except where permission is explicitly given for particular documents. Their press releases, for example, are available for sharing.

I -
    • assumed this was a quote from a press release, because that's what it sounded like,
    • scanned it quickly and didn't realize it was two sentences (in the first quoted section) instead of the discouraged but allowable single sentence, and
    • erroneously failed to take action.
    Thanks for pointing this out. Since the quoted text was not a part of a press release and there is no permission granted on that page to reproduce, I'll fix it. Give me a few minutes to figure out exactly how I can do that without killing the entire context of the thread to which so many people have devoted so much effort. I don't want to render everyone's writing into gobbledygook just because the OP violated a rule.

ETA: OP edited to keep it in compliance with site rules. Other actions taken.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Maverick44 and jordanmills like this.
  10. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015

Well, we'll let you slide this time. ;)

Maverick44 likes this.