• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    We called secret service. Three weeks later they didn't come out for it.

For future reference, in suspected cases of counterfeiting it is best to call the local police/sheriff's department. The Secret Service doesn't usually get involved in point-of-sales incidents unless it is already an active investigation...
    The threat of counterfeit U.S. currency to the financial system of the United States has grown in recent years. Advances in technology, the availability of scanning and printing devices and the adoption of the U.S. dollar by nations as their legal tender have exacerbated the threat. To counter these threats, the Secret Service focuses on strategic international investigations targeting counterfeiters and their distribution networks. The agency has also initiated a comprehensive international forensic counterfeit detection training program for bankers and law enforcement officers overseas. (Source)
    Gun Zone Deals

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The agency has also initiated a comprehensive international forensic counterfeit detection training program for bankers and law enforcement officers overseas
    I suppose they had to do that. At one point, decades ago, I remember reading that more than half of all $USD100 bills outside U.S. territory were counterfeit. In many countries, you couldn't even exchange them for local currency because nobody would accept them.

Somebody with more current knowledge than me will correct me, I'm sure, but my recollection is that after the fall of the Shah of Iran, their mint printing equipment (sourced from the U.S. and identical to that used in the U.S.) was sold to North Korea who did their very best to flood the world with counterfeit bills.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There are a couple of places were counterfeit bills come from. Iran, North Korea, and the former USSR.

And believe it or not, you can buy it on eBay.

They call it “movie prop money” and my wife’s co-worker’s daughter was popped spending it all over town.

Cost the mom over $10k in legal fees to keep her out of jail.

I couldn’t believe how sort-of authentic it was at a glance.
    And I also couldn’t believe that you could buy it so easily online.

31dc467d5c8dc77afb091d2adbcec2ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 31dc467d5c8dc77afb091d2adbcec2ff.jpg
      31dc467d5c8dc77afb091d2adbcec2ff.jpg
      143.5 KB · Views: 314
    Top Bottom