• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    This being Texas, and from some of the stuff I've seen on YouTube (FPS Russia), there are legal ways to come into ownership of military vehicles. To my knowledge one can acquire most ground vehicle technology (without the aerospace weaponry) and "decommissioned" aircraft. That is after the military had ownership of them through a contract. With some or all of the military contractors, they can be reached directly for private acquisition on a build-to-order basis.

NaviStar is one of those companies. Per their website and direct sales line, you can purchase MRAPs they will build and deliver to you. I am interested in learning of more companies that can be contacted to purchase this type of technology. What other technology is available to private citizens, with or without licenses? Has anyone got any of these "military" vehicles, or experience driving/piloting one?

ARJ Defense ad

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Google surplus auctions.

Also read up on the challenges of getting such things titled and registered in texas. There are many articles on the subject and tricks and ways to do it. You have to have some stuff titled in other states first. Some of it's the luck of the draw on county or title clerk and some of it is as simple as how you list its description.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    It's amazing the money and time guys will put into owning and restoring military vehicles. I've seen some really cool examples of Shermans, plenty of Willy's jeeps, WWII era deuce and a halfs, half tracks, BREN carriers and more. I've even had the chance to work on restoring a couple of weapons carriers.

Fun times but way too rich for my blood.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    No I am not. I did not know purchasing "military equipment" was as easy as opening an internet browser. I want to know of other popular companies with easy accessibility, and if anyone has any experience buying from them
    After FJB is done sniffing you and pulls out early(for the money shot) he might leave you all kinds of surplus, if any is left.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Google surplus auctions.

Also read up on the challenges of getting such things titled and registered in texas. There are many articles on the subject and tricks and ways to do it. You have to have some stuff titled in other states first. Some of it's the luck of the draw on county or title clerk and some of it is as simple as how you list its description.

I think this is one of the largest, handled by Richie Bros auctions IIRC…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's amazing the money and time guys will put into owning and restoring military vehicles. I've seen some really cool examples of Shermans, plenty of Willy's jeeps, WWII era deuce and a halfs, half tracks, BREN carriers and more. I've even had the chance to work on restoring a couple of weapons carriers.

Fun times but way too rich for my blood.
    But it can sure step up your game for playing war-games in the backyard!

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I'm looking at purchasing some prime power diesel military generator sets. Some come on trailers too. MEP-1050 15KW is what I had in mind. These sucker are not your typical Generac NG/propane screamers that are good for a thunderstorm or two. They are prime power off-grid diesels that can run for thousands of hours, basically for as long as you can keep 'em in diesel. They use Isuzu or Onan 4 cyl diesels and supposedly will run on anything from kerosene to military jet fuel. Govplanet and Ironplanet surplus auction sites seem to have them. Gotta prepare for the zombie apocalypse.

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    I'm looking at purchasing some prime power diesel military generator sets. Some come on trailers too. MEP-1050 15KW is what I had in mind. These sucker are not your typical Generac NG/propane screamers that are good for a thunderstorm or two. They are prime power off-grid diesels that can run for thousands of hours, basically for as long as you can keep 'em in diesel. They use Isuzu or Onan 4 cyl diesels and supposedly will run on anything from kerosene to military jet fuel. Govplanet and Ironplanet surplus auction sites seem to have them. Gotta prepare for the zombie apocalypse.
    This is the info I created this thread for

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    DRMO went the way of the dodo back in 2010, and as such local auctions of surplus military equipment are no more.

The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Disposition, which replaced DRMO, contracted with the Ritchie Brothers (who run GovPlanet.com) and the rest is history.

There are several companies out there who buy larger items and resell them. A simple Google search will reveal who they are.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    This being Texas, and from some of the stuff I've seen on YouTube (FPS Russia), there are legal ways to come into ownership of military vehicles. To my knowledge one can acquire most ground vehicle technology (without the aerospace weaponry) and "decommissioned" aircraft. That is after the military had ownership of them through a contract. With some or all of the military contractors, they can be reached directly for private acquisition on a build-to-order basis.

NaviStar is one of those companies. Per their website and direct sales line, you can purchase MRAPs they will build and deliver to you. I am interested in learning of more companies that can be contacted to purchase this type of technology. What other technology is available to private citizens, with or without licenses? Has anyone got any of these "military" vehicles, or experience driving/piloting one?

You've left me with a "something's wrong" feeling since you showed up.

Posts like this just add to it. It's FUBAR and is as fishy as it gets. It reeks of someone shady wanting to "aquire" military hardware like some jihadist or drug runner or ducati rider.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom