• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fubar5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Texas
    Hello I am looking for a private outdoor shooting range to take my family shooting in the North Dallas area, Does anyone know or have a place that they can recommend please.
    ARJ Defense ad

texasRunAndGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2015
    I would also be interested. I just moved here and am disheartened by the lack of clubs that do not have multi year wait lists.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Same here. Couldn't find anything in north Dallas like I had back in Florida. A big limitation, most public ranges don't allow the use of FMJ ammo on the rifle ranges. Elm Fork does allow it on the 25 and 50 yard ranges. I finally joined Frisco Gun Club. Not really happy with their rifle range. Not enough lanes, prefer being outdoors, have to make an appointment to shoot, and they limit my time on the range. PIA if you reload and need time on the range to work up your loads. Pistol is ok but it can be loud. Once I find what I'm looking for, I'm gone.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I think a bunch of us need to buy some cheap by the Oklahoma border.

Last edited:

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I've been meaning to post this for some time. I have a spot a friend whom used to live in Whitesboro told me of. It's 15min North of Whitesboro off Hwy 377 & Hwy 901. It takes me approx. 45 min's or so to get there from Hwy 380 headed North on Hwy 377. It is Corps of Engineer land from what I've been told. It has old Abandoned Oil pumps around so I'm not sure. I checked in the past with the Local Sheriffs office whom stated they have never had any complaints nor problems with folks shooting there. I've been shooting there for 5 yrs and never had any problems shooting full auto, rapid fire and blowing stuff up with tannerite etc. I've only seen 1 or 2 cars or trucks roll by the 2 dozens times I've been there. I go out early sat mornings, set up the canopies and go to town. Here's some make shift maps on the location. Basically go left/west on 901 from the 377 coming north. The road zigzags to the right/north, back left/west and back to the right/north 3 or 4 times for 10 mi's or so from the 377. Once you make your last zag right/north you drive another mile passing the Flying-J ranch on your left and hit a dirt road. Up the dirt road north say 1/2 mi and you'll start heading down a hill. make a right turn BEFORE going through the tubular metal gate that's usually open and you loop around quickly and are headed south. 25 yds and shooting spot on the right. As you are now set up to shoot west. Here's some pics and maps of area. Hope it helps....

DSC07692.jpg

DSC07691.jpg

DSC07683.jpg

DSC07686.jpg

X marks the spot.
    image_zpsd265520c.jpg

image_zps78710b95.jpg

image_zps9471819f.jpg

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's pretty interesting.

Isn't corps of engineers land federal property?

Strange situation.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Magnum Sports Center 940-458-7000 4934 Duck Creek Rd. Sanger TX 75235 nice outdoor range. Cheap. $8 per day I think.
    30 minutes from Frisco Gun Club.

I'm in north Frisco just south of 380 so will investigate Magnum. Thanks!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    That's pretty interesting.

Isn't corps of engineers land federal property?

Strange situation.
    Normally Yes. This property is rather large and odd. It has numerous abandoned oil pump rigs and a pump house that looks to have been abandoned for 20-30 yrs. So I'm not sure. I have asked twice though and been told by local law enforcement, They don't have a problem with all the folks that shoot there. They've never has a complaint or call there as well. So I guess i'll keep shooting there till thrown off or it's gated up by whomever abandoned it....

Top Bottom