• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I've been to baileys, not too far from Pearland when I lived there.

there are several in north houston, actually Conroe and magnolia. One of them rents full auto so I'm thinking that would be an indoor range but my neighbor and club member does idpa up north somewhere.

datboiroy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Does anyone shoot at Down Range? I just started shooting there. I'm usually the only one there or I'll run into a friend of mine there. Don't ever see anyone else there besides us.

yetiking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Any chance that they will allow new members any other times this year ? Also do they ever allow you to bring a guest and introduce them to the club?

Club/range rules are here: Range Rules 2016

Specifically, rule 03-C states:
    "Wearing a visible holstered firearm (open carry) is prohibited at all ranges at all times,except for on-duty Law Enforcement Officers in uniform."

Also, Rule 03-D:
    "Members or guests with a License to Carry (LTC) may carry concealed handguns in a

manner consistent with Texas Regulations. However, drawing and firing from a holster
    is prohibited. LTC holders are not allowed to carry on their person, either open or
    concealed, during participation in scheduled matches."

Edit to add: they are building brand-new pistol bays separated with concrete walls down at the Juliff range. Once these are in place they will probably amend the rules to allow more holster-related activities such as IDPA-styled events, but not 100% sure about that.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Any chance that they will allow new members any other times this year ? Also do they ever allow you to bring a guest and introduce them to the club?

As far as I know they only take new members at the beginning of the year after the present members renew or not.

Yes, members may bring guests to the range but it's capped at six at any one time and they must stay with the member (not in different areas of the range).

Also, all club matches are open to the public, so if you want to visit a range and don't have a friend that is a member then go to one of the matches. All matches are posted on the club calendar: Club Calendar

yetiking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Thank you for the information!

As far as I know they only take new members at the beginning of the year after the present members renew or not.

Yes, members may bring guests to the range but it's capped at six at any one time and they must stay with the member (not in different areas of the range).

Also, all club matches are open to the public, so if you want to visit a range and don't have a friend that is a member then go to one of the matches. All matches are posted on the club calendar: Club Calendar

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Posted this in the Houston section but figure it fits here as well...

On Sunday, August 28 at 8:00 PM the club will open the waiting list for persons who want to become members. The waiting list will be closed when 75 persons sign up. Please know that previously it took 30 minutes for 75 persons to get on the waiting list. To sign up and apply for membership, in the black ribbon click the button, “Apply for Membership”, fill out completely the electronic application and save your profile. You are responsible for creating and saving your profile.

After you create and save your profile you can then confirm you have successfully signed up on the waiting list by logging into your account with the email address and password you selected in the application process. If you cannot login to your account, you are not on the waiting list.

The next scheduled orientation is on September 17. Once you have created a profile, please send an e-mail to membership@bayourifles.org and let us know whether or not you can attend the September 17 orientation, and if you inform us that you can attend, we will reply with an invitation with complete information.

If you have any questions about becoming a member after you have made application, email membership@bayourifles.org. The membership director will not respond to general information requests during this time.

Top Bottom