Join TexasGunTalk

Private Gun Range in Houston

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Makinghole, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Makinghole

Makinghole New Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Houston
    Can anyone point me to a private outdoor range in Houston. The only one I have found is Bayou Rifles and they are not accepting members right now. Thanks for the help

2. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 1, 2011
    Try gun clubs, not ranges. That's not to say they exist inside the Houston area, I'm not sure of that. There is ableammo.com in Huntsville but I just tried the site and it didn't load so I'm not sure what's going on. The company has been around for years but the new location is @ 1 year old.

For 'private' shoot me a PM if you're interested in one N. of Huntsville.

3. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
  4. Tough Guy

Tough Guy New Member

Mar 10, 2013
  5. cajunautoxer

cajunautoxer Well-Known

Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Psc has a 3 yr waiting list last i heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I just heard about their 3+ year waiting list, the other day. I knew someone at work that is a member, and it always seemed like it was easy to get in. My, how things have changed.

7. Makinghole

Makinghole New Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Houston
    Are those the only options? Seems like a big demand and small supply.

8. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I think there may be one off of Hwy 521 (Almeda rd.), just south of Hwy 6. I don't remember the name, but I saw a sign a few times, I went down that direction. I'll see if I can gt someone from work (that drives by there) to check it out. The other problem may be that it's a public, not a private gun range/club.

9. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    There is always Greater Houston Gun Club if all you want to do is shoot clays. $5,000 initiation fee and $75 a month.

10. jasont

jasont Active Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Bayou Rifles, PSC, the Impact Zone, and Greenwood (down in Brazoria) are the ones I'm aware of. PSC and Bayou have a long waiting list. Impact Zone is selective about new members you'll need to start going out there to matches and get to know the owner if you want to join. I'm not sure about Greenwood's current membership situation but it's a ways south of town. There's also a few private shotgun only clubs.